Thread: How to fix Battery life on Sony VAIO VGN-NR21 laptop?

How to fix Battery life on Sony VAIO VGN-NR21 laptop?

I have purchased a Sony VAIO VGN-NR21 last week and just upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 64 bit, however at what time I used to obtain 3 hours out of my battery beneath Vista, I am at the moment receiving approximately 20 minutes. Apparently I cannot make use of my laptop away as of from a plug socket any longer, which type of damage does the laptop is having.Has anybody also practiced this subsequent to upgrade? Any suggestions how to resolve this trouble? I do not look to be able on the way to discover any drivers or else patches that will assist! Thank you in advance.

Re: How to fix Battery life on Sony VAIO VGN-NR21 laptop?

Have you attempted to make use of Power Options settings available within the Control Panel? You will discover many settings designed for optimizing superior life by means of setting options in favor of saving energy consumed. I would as well make sure by means of the laptop producer for an up-to-date power management driver/utility designed for battery life optimization if not previously accessible by means of Windows update. Manufacturer is familiar with hardware technology strongly as well as consequently power management drivers be supposed to be customized on the way to offer best battery life.

Thanks for your proposal. Sony flat out decline on the way to offer Windows 7 drivers intended for my laptop stating that it is not going on the way to be supported. I just buy it over a year ago.I have previously twisted each and every one of the power options right down however I am going on the way to have one more try at installing the old Vista drivers.

I also had accurately the similar trouble as you have. Battery life condensed to 25 minutes,as well as several of the drivers are not functioning appropriately. I have done google search for then 3 hours but did not find any helpful solution.Did you establish a answer for your troubles up till now? If yes please let me know.

Unluckily the single answer I have established is on the way to lastingly have my laptop plug in. Which is quite unsatisfactory, however no-one is enthusiastic on the way to recognize that this is a trouble plus take blame.I did not understand that the trouble was quite as a result so extensive. I had almost given up hope.

I encompass a Sony VGN-NR460E notebook and first time installed windows 7.The battery just last's 20minutes maximum, Then I uninstalled windows 7 and put windows XP on with the accurate drivers as well as the battery ends up now at 2.5 Hours. As a result I think this is a driver problem as well as Sony are not taking out yet now power management drivers for several of the laptops appears similar to they are attempting on the way to force people to purchase new laptops if they desire the newest software application. I am having dual core in the company of 3GB ram which is ample for what I require plus for Windows 7 as a result cannot observe any cause for them not take out these drivers.