Thread: No wifi after BIOS update with dell vostro 3700

No wifi after BIOS update with dell vostro 3700

I am using dell vostro 3700 laptop from the last 4 months and till yesterday it was working fine without any problem. But yesterday when i performed the BIOS update on my laptop, then my wifi stopped working. The wifi is not able to detect my home WLAN. I am using windows 7 operating system on my laptop. I am now looking to solve this problem, so I require your help on this issue. Is there any way using which I can overcome this particular problem or to downgrade BIOS update? If you have any idea related with this problem, please do help me out. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: No wifi after BIOS update with dell vostro 3700

I have gone through your problem, so I will advise you to check the BIOS setup on your laptop with the help of F2 key on your keyboard. This is because there might be case that the update might have turned off the wifi on your laptop. If this is true, then I will advise you to turn it on. Even I had gone through the same situation on my laptop before 1 month. In my case the wifi was being turned off due to the update, so I turned it on again and it started working. So I will advise you to try out this fix, as it might help you in solving your problem.

I am also facing the same problem with my wifi on the laptop. I have not done any kind of BIOS update on my laptop and even I have not changed my operating system. Can anyone there tell me that why I am facing this problem on my laptop. Due to this problem am lot of works are kept pending. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply, so try to post you reply as early as you can. Thanks.

I will advise you to do the following fixes on your laptop. I will advise you to reconfigure your wifi setting on your laptop, then after restart the system and see if it works. Even if this solution does not fix your problem, then you can try to restore you system back to the point where it was working fine. I hope that after trying out this fix, you will definitely be able to solve your problem. If still the problem is not getting solved out then reply me back.
    Last edited by xanix; 08-12-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your solution of checking the BIOS setup and after doing this I founded that the wifi was being turned off by the BIOS update. So I have now solved my problem by turning it on. Now the wifi is working fine without any problem. Without your help I would have not been able to solve my problem, so I will like to thank you one again for your king support.