Thread: Format & Install Windows Xp In Hp 530 Laptop

Format & Install Windows Xp In Hp 530 Laptop

When I bought HP laptop 530. There was only a free Dos installed on it. So I have to make 3 portions and won’t install windows XP. Because I am almost with that. I am more covenants. How can I format hard disk when I want to install windows XP?

Re: FORMAT & INSTALL XP IN LAP TOP (HP 530) Bookmark

If money doesn’t matter for you then are you by genuine windows XP installing disk or a recovery disk on or after a preceding PC? If it’s a genuine disk then it should work, if not look for specialized advice from Microsoft. If it’s a recovery disk ended from an unusual computer, it will not work since safety actions are in place to stop people from by means of these disks on computers additional than the ones it was complete for your computer.

If you are booting to the genuine windows XP CD. If there is any such kind of important data you have to take a backup because when you install new windows operating then your data completely remove from the computer. First you have to Setup in the bios Press at what time machine in progress and press F2 or Del Keys. After setup in the bios save and exit. And boot from CD. Follow the CD instruction delete partitions and reform and format with the XP CD. "Press any key to boot to CD".

Now, let the CD do its object, observe the screens and delete partitions at what time encouraged, create one main one once more, then format with NTFS. Then the install will start. All is supposed to be good. If it still fails, I would run whatever hard drive tests are obtainable to that machine. Regularly there are included tests that can be run, check the user manual (online if you don't have one) to see what your options are. I hope this helps... Good Luck!