Thread: how to upgrade HP Pavilion ze4900 to Windows 7

how to upgrade HP Pavilion ze4900 to Windows 7

I have got a laptop system of Hp, it is HP pavilion ze4900 if you ask me the full name, I had bought it 1 year back. When I bought it there was Windows xp installed in it, but now I wish to upgrade it as I need a lot of new features which are not there in the Windows xp service pack 2 edition , so I have made up my mind to go for Windows 7 operating system . So my question is , can it be done ? What sort of drivers I need to install in my laptop ? Please help me , if any body has any knowledge how this task can be accomplished, I waiting for your response.

Re: how to upgrade HP Pavilion ze4900 to Windows 7

You should know following points before you go for upgradation :
    • HP may ask you to reinstall the previous version back in case of any hardware issues so that they can troubleshoot the core issue.
    • HP will not be able to assist you if your system has some software issues, while dispatching the model it did not include any support with Windows 7 operating system.
    • You must have a Vista Recovery CD/DVD Before you upgrade to Windows 7.
    • If you were using Vista before going for the upgrade , then its drivers are pre-installed in your system and are present in the setup folder of c:drive , please do not remove it, you may need those while upgrading .

Before you go for the up-gradation you should always be cautious. If your system has nVidia graphic card then before going for up-gradation it is advisable to check the temperature of your laptop. you should always check the temperature of devices such as processor, the graphic card unit , motherboard and the hard disk.. There is a tool available HWMonitor which is available free on the net and it is mostly recommended.

Hewlett-Packard is presenting its customers who will purchase an HP desktop or laptop an upgrade to Windows 7 at without any charge, this change will be done once the operating system will be old and seek upgradtion . This offer from Hp was a tactical move in order to increase their revenue , so this offers is restricted to a limited number of laptops , so can check the official hp website and check whether your system fall under the offer or not. once the operating system becomes available in the fall.

I have got the same model which you have got i.e HP Ze4900 laptop. You will definitely will be able to upgrade your operating system from windows xp to Windows 7 and use your laptop with higher features . if you are talking about the drivers, if you are using wireless internet in your system , then you should install drivers of the Wifi first. I and installed the Vista version , because you will not be able to find the Windows 7 version for the same. But do not worry, those are working in mine , therefore your router will work as well, because we both have the same system.

Well I do not think your laptop will be able to take the charge of Windows 7 operating system at this stage, because it seems that your system is quite old and even if the installation was successful , it will not be able to perform as smooth as you are expecting so it would be better if you stick with the Windows xp operating system and be content with it. If you really want an upgrade move I think you should go for Service pack 3 rather than Windows 7.