Thread: Toshiba A200 Satellite shutdown automatically

Toshiba A200 Satellite shutdown automatically

I purchased Toshiba Satellite A200 1 year ago, clock speed of 1.66ghz, upgraded to Windows 7 RC and RAM of 4 GB. My trouble started about 1 month ago when i was still using Vista HP and 3Gb of Ram. The laptop just started to shut down itself suddenly. No warning, no error messages, no shutting down or logging off display...just immediate OFF. At first i considered it was a virus problem so i scanned the antivirus of the whole laptop with my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and establish nothing. Sometimes it would be on for days then unexpectedly switch off. Occasionally when I plug in my external HDD or my IR remote receiver it will switch off and infrequently it won't. The most irritating one is when it switches off about 3-4 minutes after switching it on and i have done totally nothing to it. I have run a software called RealTemp and the whole thing appears to be running within satisfactory parameters at between 74-79 C and the max performance at 86 C. The Ram I have improve to and installed is the accurate kind for the machine as i used Kingston's ram verify utility as well as examining the Toshiba website, in addition it has been a long time while i installed the initially RAM of 2 GB update and not anything happened then. Has anyone got any advice as to what the reason may be??

Re: Toshiba A200 Satellite shutdown automatically

I can’t make out your problem properly, does your laptop shut down whenever you plugged in your laptop with the power supply. If this is the case then check your power supply adapter properly. Or if not the case then check your battery is working fine or not. I think your battery have some problem since your notebook log off suddenly due if insufficient power which that battery have so you suffer this regular log off issues. So I suggest you check out other battery or power supply if you purchased it previously. Or check out any of your friend is having the same kind of battery or not. If anyone has the same one then takes it and swaps it. Check do you battery have any problem or not if your laptop works properly with other battery. Let have a check.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's on battery or power supply adapter since I change the battery from my friend which he is having the same model battery so I swaps the battery with me and also I check the power adapter from my friend, it still shuts down. I m clueless don’t know what to do for this problem. It’s been working now for about more than 5hours on mains (with the battery in) with no problems whenever I plugged in the power supply adapter. I'm constantly keeping a watch on the temperature whether it is showing the desire result and at the instant it's down to 66-69 degrees Celsius. I don't have an additional power supply or battery that i could test it out with. So I always need to take from my friend to check it out whether I m having any problem with my battery or not.

If you are contented with tinkering around within your laptop (power off, take away all cables, take out battery, ground yourself, if possible wear plastic gloves), take out all screws on the underneath (bottom) of the computer, smoothly open the case. Your endeavor is to expose the CPU (find where the heat comes out of your notebook on the surface - which heat is coming from the fan that is cooling your CPU, which should be very closely). Wipe off all the thermal lubricant that is on the top surface of your CPU so that it is totally clean. Apply new thermal lubricant (usually $1.50 for a minute tiny packet at a computer supplies shop, or $3-$20 for a more ample quantity) to the top surface of the CPU. Cautiously put your notebook back together. If you before lowered the CPU pace be certain you ratchet it back up to its maxs speed again. If the operating system crashes it shows the hardware problem.

It just shut down again totally when it was completely idle! I'm extremely close to throw it at the divider then jumping on it! I have the newest bios update previously installed. I'll attempt taking it separately tomorrow once i get several thermal grease. The Toshiba Power Saver is no more installed since i have modified to Windows 7. Can the similar thing be finished with the advanced setting in the control Options? It has alternative for the least and most power states and the system cooling policy. Can I get some suggestion for this post?