Thread: Suggest a Hard drive upgrade for Notebook ASUS

Suggest a Hard drive upgrade for Notebook ASUS

I have been using an Asus Notebook and i want my hard drive upgraded i am having a hard disk which is only 160 GB. i want it to upgraded to 320 GB. I am thinking to purchase a new portable or external hard drive but i am not very mucg aware which will be the best for me. Anyone here used the portable hard drive please suggest me a suitable one so that my disk space is increased. thanks in advance.

Re: Suggest a Hard drive upgrade for Notebook ASUS

You run out of space in your machine or you are looking for a solution to backup your files, adding an external drive is the easy way ideal. Nothing to remove, nothing to install: everything is automatic, and it works! you need to purchase a portable hard drive you can trust Seagate. Since its quiet handy and it flow records also rose, largely thanks to the commoditization of interfaces once considered elitist: Firewire and e-SATA. The discs are tested for certain mounted squarely up to 80 MB / second. A minute is enough to save the equivalent of a full DVD: 4.5 GB drives are very outdated! And it costs much less.

Western Digital is the best because it is the first to deliver mobile hard drives for 320 GB Scorpio again expected to hit the market soon at a price of 300$. It runs at 5400 rpm, has an 8 MB cache, and uses the SATA interface (300 Mb / s). Above all, it measures only 9.5 mm thick, and may enter any laptop . This capacity increase has therefore made by increasing the density of the plates, which also promises an increase in transfer speeds, as our recent test "Hard Drives 2.5 inch capacity or speed?" the demonstrated.

There are a number of manufacturer available its just you can purchase a from a number of manufacturers like : Western Digital , Seagate , Iomega , Kingston . But Several parameters must be taken into consideration. First, the manufacturing quality of the product. If design is a matter of taste, finish, weight and size matter more. Indeed, the portable hard drive must be mobile but also resistant, or at least reassuring to ensure a long life for your data. On this point, all the models tested are not housed in the same boat. Other land to be cleared: the software. Some products come with backup software, synchronization and encryption of data, where others are content with a questionable backup. As for performance, the ubiquitous USB 2.0 connection tends to harmonize the results. Some drives stand out, using the USB drivers or owners of an outright extra e-SATA connector or Firewire. You will then finally choose the capacity that fits your needs, all existing models presented in 250, 320 and 500 GB, substantially the same rates.