Thread: Unable to install Samsung Omnia i900 drivers in Windows 7

Unable to install Samsung Omnia i900 drivers in Windows 7

I am unable to setup my Samsung Omnia (i900) on Windows 7 Ultimate x86 RTM. Whenever I try to setup, the driver keeps fading to install. As I know the phone i900 used to work on equally either the beta and RC releases of Windows 7 and it is working properly. But in RTM it is not working, which seems to be little odd. I don’t know how to continue the setup. I hope that someone will help me to get it work with RTM. If it is not possible then tell me the reason why it isn’t?

Re: Unable to install Samsung Omnia i900 drivers in Windows 7

For your issue I advice you that connect the Phone to windows 7 computer and launch the Windows updates. If there is any optional update for your mobile it will prompt you to download it. Otherwise it will simply update the windows. The Update by still connection the i900 may solve some of the issue regarding the drivers. The Update may download some similar compatible drivers if available.

It seems to me that the current drivers for Samsung Omnia i900 will not support the Windows 7. You need the supported versions of driver. If your drivers are vista compatible then it might be possible to install it. You need to run the driver in compatibility mode and as an administrator. To do this find the source driver files like setup.exe or something and right click on it. Select the properties and select Run in as compatible. I hope this will work for you. Also make sure that the Windows 7 ultimate edition requires up-too-date drivers.

Before installing or making setup of Samsung Omnia you need to disconnect the internet and also disable the firewall program. It may be possible that the firewall program might be blocking the installation due to incompatibility of the driver. If the exe file is not working then use the CAB file for installation. Otherwise the phone or the data cable which you are using might have some failure and due to this the system cannot recognize the device to continue with the installation.