Thread: Slimline Xbox 360: also called as Xbox 360 250GB

Slimline Xbox 360: also called as Xbox 360 250GB

Before the Christmas I have decided to buy a new bold black Slim line Xbox. But now it is tempting too much. I’m still not able to decide whether I want to go for a buy or not. Anyhow whenever I buy it doesn’t matter but before that I have some questions or doubts which should be resolved. I heard that this new device is little bit expensive. Can you tell me how much around it is for now? Will it going to decrease? Is it possible to remove the hard-drive from this slimline device? Is this really possible to transfer an account over to it? If you know, then please explain to me. It will be much helpful. If you have any additional suggestions over it feel free to post it in this thread. Thanks in advance for any kind of replies.

Re: Slimline Xbox 360: also called as Xbox 360 250GB

As you know there are different versions of Xbox consoles are available. You didn’t mention which one you want or going to buy. As far as I know the 4GB version will cost you about £150 and 250GB will cost you about £200. But there is much variation in price among online shopping and the retail shopping you need to compare both before buying. Yet I don’t have much information about its HDD. Any part from Xbox 360 can be removable but not without opening case. I heard that it is possible to move data from one to another by using some kind of transfer cable but I don’t know the procedure of it.

Microsoft has manufactured a less significant and actually quieter innovative Xbox 360. The "Xbox 360 Elite Slimline", as its being described (Also calls it as Xbox 360 250GB), initiated at Microsoft's E3 keynote and substitutes the existing Elite model. It comprises the similar internals as the elder mock-up, but appends 802.11n Wi-Fi for wireless networking (formerly this was an add-on on cost £60) and a 250GB HDD. The price in UK is £200. Hard drive information will be transmitted by means of a data transfer cable which is gonna cost you separately for £20.

Of course, it is possible to remove the HDD. For that you need to get rid of the outer case first which will go to cancel the warranty upon it. If you are looking for a replacement like installing old version of Xbox HDD then I think it may not possible because it will not accept the generic HDD like one inside the PS3. You will require a compatible HDD for replacement. Passing account is much easier. Buy a data cable which will transfer all the data, plug into old HDD and plug the other end to the slimline which may be USB port and follow the instruction shown on the screen.

I think that removing the HDD is not the best task to do. Because you will lose your warranty in case you open the case of Xbox 360 slimline. Why do you really need to remove HDD? Are you looking for upgrade? I think that the 250GB is more than enough for whatever game you are going to add it. The Amazon is selling this product in UK for only £195 without any shipping cost. I think that you can afford it. There is no news about price decrement yet. I hope you will get it in next year.