Thread: Dell Laptop Display size changes on its own

Dell Laptop Display size changes on its own

I am facing a problem with my laptops screen resolution. Not everytime, but it seems that when I close the lid and come back the display gets increased in size and I must scroll left and right and up and down to view icons, toolbars, etc. Any thoughts??

For the internal panel, I can only select 4 options:
    1. 1366 * 768
    2. 1280 * 720
    3. 1024 * 768
    4. 800 * 600

The recommended and set resolution is 1366 * 768. If I choose a different setting, I just cut off the desktop. It only works if the game offers the same resolution. it gets changes automatically.

Re: Dell Laptop Display size changes on its own

Have you ever check whether on the screens graphic properties. Simply right-click your mouse on the desktop - Properties - Settings tab - then down to "Advanced". This time set in the "General" "DPI setting" to "normal size". If this does not work, then take on "Monitor" Monitor the right choice. There are all the settings for the graphics card. If all goes not to report again. And please write or what graphics card you use. If successful, also write what it was.

My recommendation here is that all the drivers for this laptop should be downloaded (save for all cases on a disc). At the bottom in Support Drivers & Downloads page You will be prompted for the service tag number ri hink it is mentioned on to the adhesive label on your laptop, or on the BIOS page. With this number you can then conveniently after the proper selection of your system, uninstall all the existing drivers and freely download and install the new drivers.

But as far as I know it must be with the monitor settings, the graphics card, I think even changing the hertz setting or the frequency of the lcd monitor will help you to get your size back to normal. You should try to use the hot keys to get this issue fixed. if all the above solutions fails to fix this issue then i think you should take some help from a hardware professional in this matter.

It is very likely due to the resolution of the LCD of your laptop. This will be different from that provided for resolution of the game. Look at the settings (probably the game resolution) in the game on. If you find there is not an appropriate resolution, you will not get away with these edges, or get a distorted or an elongated image because it obviously is a setting for the game and no hardware damage.