Thread: No Bootable Devices in Dell Vostro 1015

No Bootable Devices in Dell Vostro 1015

I purchased a Vostro 1015 in recent months and have been very satisfied with it. I developed a trouble this week I have been not capable to resolve utilizing the tech support. While I switch on the laptop, I have been receiving a blue screen which says: No bootable devices found. I just hit F1 to repeat boot, F2 for setup utility, push F5 to sprint onboard diagnostics. While I press F5, it alters to a dissimilar blue screen with the name: Pre-boot System Assessment Build 4121, at the pinnacle. It does a few scanning and after that I hit a point where colored lines go crossways and after that down the screen. It inquires if the colors appeared and I hit Y for yes. It persists scanning later than which I acquire the message: No troubles found on the system up to now. Do you wish to run the left over tests? While I press N for no, it boots up usually.

Re: No Bootable Devices in Dell Vostro 1015

This similar thing also happened with me and this has happened three to four times this week. I called technical support person on yesterday and was told to eliminate the battery, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to release remaining electricity and after that place the battery back in. Is this worked? Today I see the blue screen again, so I again called technical support person and was told pretty much that they cannot assist me further than to do a fresh setup and have me make a fresh start. I do have my data backed up on an exterior drive but I know it is annoyed to reload, since my previous laptop was Dell Latitude that died suddenly and I had to shift my data to this Vostro. I did the full diagnostic system test just on an impulse and the just thing it found was that my DVD drive was blank. I am hoping to shape out why this takes place on a novel laptop and if there is a fix. I truly don't wish to reload once more if I don't have to. So, please provide me a few ideas about how can I solve this issue.
    Last edited by Maggie Q; 07-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Do the extended hard drive test in the diagnostics to make sure if it is a hard drive trouble. Sounds like either a hard drive difficulty or smashed system files. If the drive test precedes no errors, you should attempt PC Restore to factory settings. Please you should not bounce the extended tests. Tests may take hours, but you necessitate doing them since not anything turned up in the quick test.

I had completed a full system test. The merely thing it establishes was the 0F00:133c error code which I am aware of to mean my DVD drive was blank and it was. Based on your message, I did a system restore today. I selected a date from a pair of weeks ago before my troubles started. I did finish up with an error signature page and an error report as a cause of doing the restore. I don't understand that coding but I am hopeful that doing the restore will resolve my problems. I am backing up to an exterior drive as you say. If you understand the statistics in error signatures and error reports, I saved them as .jpeg files and very soon I can post them here. If not, I do thank you for assisting me and I wish the restore process resolved my problem, anything it was. Most horrible situation is that my hard drive is awful for a few reasons and I will have to replace it and reloads my data.