Thread: No sound in Dell Latitude D510 after upgrade to windows 7

No sound in Dell Latitude D510 after upgrade to windows 7

Recently bought a Dell Latitude D510 laptop, upgrade the machine recently from windows vista to windows 7. And after that there is problem occurred in my laptop, this is not properly giving me the sound. This occurred while I was played a audio file in my machine yesterday. This plays up to the first 10 minute and suddenly stops the sound. This happens first time in my machine. How to recover this, any idea on this problem? I am using Realtek sound driver, which installed after the upgrade my laptop. Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly. Along with that there is another, which I am facing is that, I need to close the player from task manager and this one should not play next time. I need to reboot the machine, otherwise it will not responds. Suggest me something to solve this issue.

Re: No sound in Dell Latitude D510 after upgrade to windows 7

This problem sounds as the audio driver that you are using is might be either not compatible with the operating system or you did any mi8stake during the installation for that it not crashed. I would like to suggest you two things for this problem on of them is update the driver version and along with that, check properly the Realtek driver that you installed is compatible with the machine environment. First of locate the driver from the devices manager, by proceed either by right click on my computer the go to properties window or you can able to locate the device manager from control panel. Now expand they audio driver tab and from there locate the driver name that you installed. Right click on it and select update option, now reboot the machine to apply the update file with your machine environment. I hope this time you will be able to hear the sound.

I also like to suggest you to do something with the audio driver. This completely sounds for driver. Though you mentioned that this is worked fine in your machine for few days and after that it encounter the problem, so I don’t think so it will not compatible with the system architecture. But it might be not installed properly, I recommend you to re-install the driver. Are you installed the latest version. Because as per my opinion this type of problem is occurs for not using the latest version. First you un-install the driver, don’t do this from installation folder, do it from control panel. From the drop down list locate the drive and select un-install option. This might be ask you for the insert windows administrative password, if you applied this in your machine then insert the password. Now after un-install go for remove the entire temporary and registry file. Means complete remove all the files regarding this driver. now reboot the machine and go for re-install the driver again in your machine. I hope by this you will definitely get help.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

As per my opinion though you mentioned in your post that, while the sound problem is occurred the player where you are playing file will be stopped. Then there might be issue in the player also. Because one of my friend also having the similar. And as general he first re-installs and then updates the audio driver, but this does not work. After that regarding issue which was also occurred in his player also. Then he looking for the solution for the paler, he thought that the player might be crashed or nay other major issue with that. He simply un-install that. After few weeks he download the latest version of same player and this does not create any problem still now after using the player version up 6 months. So I also think that the problem that you mentioned is might be for the player version. Open the player and go to tool menu bar option, from there look for the update version, click on it. It will appear the update player version information with a pop-up window. If this problem will occurs with the particular player then this process will definitely helps you. Along with that I suggest you to do anything try tom play the file where you are facing problem in some other player.

Similar problem with my machine, which I basically used for the gaming purpose, the problem is occurring from few days, it drops sound in the interval of some time. It also encountered while I was watching movie in my machine. Though that time I was attached the external speaker for the sound output, I thought that might be for that speaker, but no, the problem is in my machine, I reboot the machine and again try t play the movie, but this time it completely stops to give the sound. This is also occurred while I am playing game in the machine. But one thing is that there is graphical problem while this problem occurs. What is the actual is there anyone having idea on this issue? Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

If you are playing any high definition game in your machine, then this problem will might be occurred. I recommend you to use the latest version and a high definition graphical interface which is compatible with your machine specification. But before go for the invest money I would like to suggest you update the graphics driver in your machine this might be somehow helps you. Open the device manager and from the graphical driver tab, select the driver which you are using with the extension. Right click on it and click the update button. It might be require for reboot the machine for applying the changes. If this one is a high definition driver then you need to configure that with the gaming console. Along with that I also suggest you if there are any extra graphical effects are installed or running in your machine then stop or remove them from the machine. Some of the time there effects are might be the cause of the problem that you mention in your post, and this will also cause for freezing the machine. during the update the extension of the driver might be ask you to download, do this it is also applicable for getting better graphical performance.

Make sure that the sound driver that you installed in properly working over there. And this one also compatible with the wi8ndows platform that you are using. If you are having any external sound output device then connect this one with the machine and from that look for the sound quality which you will got. If it sounds OK then be sure that there should any issue with the sound device that you are using as an output device. Because I had the similar issue in my machine n where I found this problem and for that, at before I update the sound driver and the chip set driver, but these did not works for the solution. Also form the control panel makes sure that the sound device that you are using is working well. For that type sound in your search tab, it will, open the sound pop-up windows and from there check all the device movement and the sound device act with the sound quality.