Thread: Dell Inspiron 1545 Resolution Problem

Dell Inspiron 1545 Resolution Problem

I just bought the dell inspiron 1545 laptop, I had to reinstall Windows , and all the drives, but I have problems with the screen resolution, not only because the driver is not installed correctly. I think that the problem arose just after installing a program. Please tell me how can i get this problem fixed i have tried to reinstall the drivers many times but things goes to no avail. What could be the other reason please suggest me a suitable solution to get this issue fixed.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1545 Resolution Problem

It appears as the main problem why you are not able to get this problem fixed is because of the drivers only since you have not installed the latest drivers. i would advice you to uninstall the present drivers and then reinstall the same on your system. it would be better if you can directly install the driver from the official website of the manufacturer in your case which is dell simply logon to the dell website and search for the drivers of your laptop model. find it install it restart the laptop and the problem should be fixed.

My Dell Inspiron 1501 recently encountered a resolution problem. The native resolution used to be 1280x1024, but now i only have a choice of either 1024x768 or 800x600. Can anyone tell me which driver I would have to replace, or where I would have to look to fix this problem. A friend told me to find my start up disc and just reinstall the drivers through there, that is now my first choice plan of action.

Try going to the device manager and removing the entry for the video card, then reboot, This time windows should find and reinstall the drivers for it, do the same for any monitors listed in device manager. if it does not find the drivers automatically then i would suggest you to get it installed manually. Simply right click on my computer and select manage to get the device manager windows opened. right click on the yellow question mark symbol and select update to install the drivers manually. This will definitely help you to get this problem resolved.

I just turned on my laptop, the screen resolution has raised to 1280x800, still need to get it to 1280x1024. where is the device manager located? under control panel? im running XP home edition service pack 2 if that helps. i found the device manager, there i can see only options which are update driver, disable, or uninstall. which one do i need to chose. and what is the procedure after that , i might be asking some very basic question this is because i am not a very technical person.