Thread: Dell xt backlight not working

Dell xt backlight not working

Recently i purchased a new laptop of dell. I got a dell latitude xt2. The reason that i had to buy this product is that due to some mistakes from my side i had got the dell laptop xt display broken down. It was a silly mistake from my side. Now the great part of the xt was that it had a great backlight display. So when i broke my display i had to lay my hand to the xt2. Since then its working fine. I just wanted to ask that whether I can get the same backlight display properties of the xt when I put the xt2 display panel in the xt.
    Whenever i try to do some changes in the functions for the backlight. The system just fails to recognize the function and also is it possible to do this in the AC mode of electricity. I am asking these because I use a converter while charging my laptop. So please help me out with my problems.

Re: Dell xt backlight not working

I would like to ask you that whether you have checked with the ambient light sensor. Check whether it is turned on. If it is put off then you must turn it ON to enable the backlight display. I also agree that there can be a motherboard difference between the LED and the backlight displaying monitors. So just check with the configuration and do the possible changes if you can. So let’s hope that you can get through this problem.

I would suggest you a simple solution. You can probably go to bios mode while you are running in the battery mode. In that bios mode you can change the settings of the required hardware. After getting to the bios mode turn the ambient light sensor mode off. After turning it off reboot the system and switch on the adapter and turn it on. After switching it on from that mode you can try to change the level or the setting of the backlight that will probably set your laptop settings. Just try this out and let me know if it works.

Thanks for your suggestion. It was a great help from your side to help me for this problem. I just wanted to say that I tried with both of the solutions but it did not helped me much. I tried with the first solution probably i could not get it replaced by myself. The second solution did not gave me the desired result. So tell me what I should do next. Is there any other solution that will help me tackle this.

I would say that you must try the steps again. If all the above do not work the last option in front of you is to probably replace the xt2 screen with the xt screen. Yes I have heard about the xt screen issues but there seems to be some configuration problem with your laptop. If it is working normally with the LED but not showing up with the backlight display then there is really a motherboard issue. Also do check with the drivers if it is updated properly and also the sensor keep it on everytime you want the backlight. If you don’t get the desired solution do give a call to the dell technicians. They will probably help you out.