Thread: Dell Inspiron 1420 brightness Problem

Dell Inspiron 1420 brightness Problem

I have a Dell Inspiron 1400 laptop. I had to reinstall windows XP Home operating system and for me the following problem arised. I can not change the screen resolution and the brightness of the screen is very low. I have got a video adapter minimum and as much as I've loaded the original drivers there is no way to be able to recognize anything Since the brightness of the screen is quiet low and even the screen will not let me change the appearance. Drivers may be a thing? may be some another reason? if anyone can help me I thank you in advance.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 brightness Problem

The problem is clearly because of the drivers. First of all i would advice you to try to uninstall the drivers that you have already installed on your system. If not, Browse to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your laptop model and then install the same on your system. Restart the laptop as soon as you finish the installation of the drivers this will definitely help you to fix the issue.

Well do not rush, first of all make it sure whether your screen is at fault or not. Try connecting an external display for VGA output from your laptop if the external display is not at all faulty then its quiet possible that what is failing is the graphics card and not the laptop LCD screen. Here in this case if you are sure that the laptop screen is working absolutely fine without any problems then changing the graphic card will definitely help you to get this issue fixed.

You have not mentioned anything like how long have you used your laptop and from when you are facing this problem. Anyways , I think that the problem here is because an lcd screen always gets dimmed after sometimes as it appears you have used the same laptop for a very longer time. Moreover the only solution to this problem which i can suggest you to get your lcd changed. Since a laptops lcd cannot be repaired easily.