Thread: Startup problems with Dell Inspiron mini 910

Startup problems with Dell Inspiron mini 910

Recently I have purchased Dell Inspiron 910 Mini laptop. I have also installed windows operating system on it. After the installation of new operating system I restarted the system but there were startup problem due to which the system was not starting. I tried to check all the connections of the laptop. Also I tried to unplug all the external devices from the laptop but the startup problem was not resolved. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Startup problems with Dell Inspiron mini 910

The startup issue may occur due to newly installed hardware. You should very that the newly installed hardware is compatible with your system and it meets all the specific system requirements. If installing a new hardware causes startup error then you should immediately remove the newly installed hardware from the system and check if the startup issue persists again.

You can check whether your operating system is compatible or stable with the system by loading the safe mode. Most of the startup error can be fixed in safe mode. When your system starts, press the F8 key to go into the safe mode. Safe mode is a useful tool given by Microsoft windows operating system in which we can fix most of the problems and the safe mode operates on low resolution.

There might be startup problem with the system because of the virus. If the system is having virus then it may not boot. You can fix this problem by starting the system in safe mode. To start the systems in safe mode press the F8 key. After entering into the safe mode you can scan for the virus and fix it. AVG is one of the excellent antivirus programs which can be used to scan the system and fix the virus.

When all the hardware or external devices are compatible with your system then it may function properly. Also the software and the driver should be installed properly in order for proper functioning. Your Dell Inspiron 910 Mini laptop might be having the startup problems because there might be non bootable disk in any one of the drives. You should check that all the drives are free and then restart the system. You might be having the startup error if you have set your hard disk to boot from the drive in which no operating system is installed. You should boot the system from the drive on which operating system is installed.

Another problem of start up might be because of the keyboard. You might not be able to boot the system in safe mode if your keyboard is not connected properly. You should also check that the cable is not having any cuts or damage. If the cable is damaged then you should take it to the customer center and repair it. You should also check that all the hardware drivers are installed properly. If the drivers are not installed then also it makes cause startup problems.