Thread: Inspiron 530/Vista: Problems with driver installation

Inspiron 530/Vista: Problems with driver installation

I have the following problem because of a persistent Trojan I had to reformat my Inspiron 530 and Windows Vista Home Premium new install. Then I made to the install the driver. First, using the enclosed CD from Dell, then I have not even all of the latest drivers for my service tag (4F3144J) downloaded and tried. The problem is that there appear to be the drivers of the chipset is not properly recognized or installed. I am following the installation instructions from Dell proceed. The installation process of the chipset goes through smoothly. Do I want the graphics card drivers installed, however, especially the accompanying Intel driver (G31/G33 Graphics Controller), I get the message "minimum requirements not met". The same happens when I want to "use Intel Matrix Storage Manager installed. As far as looks wise in spite of everything, running Windows Aero. but then I install my WLAN stick, so that Windows Update is the purpose of online, I get on the "problem reports and solutions" message: "Load the driver for Intel ICH9, download and install it." The linked website in the solutions to this is unfortunately no longer available. I leave to see the problem is, said Intel G31/G33 driver reported as missing. What do I do now? - I have done everything, I like the Dell online requires the installation guide and still is not the case. The problem I had when I bought the Dell in the winter of 2008, I first have everything set up again, and so that whatever worked. But then we went, yes. The error message regarding the chipset I had not at that time.

Re: Inspiron 530/Vista: Problems with driver installation

You write that you want to install the Intel video driver. Why? Because you continue to write that you have an AMD / ATI card dine have. That would be like driving diesel and petrol. So do this with the Intel graphics drivers. Do you run 2 HDD's in Raid 1 or 0? If not then let's also ask the driver matrix. These are both things that you do not need. Have you exclamation points or unknown devices in Device Manager?

I want to install because Windows has given me this error message and pointed to this lack of drivers. The Dell is then sorted under Video / Graphics and also means that ... Why the computer asks, I do not know: It works now though. The error is not appeared. Error messages in Device Manager, I have not found and all the Windows updates including Service Pack 2 have worked without problems. Me that's not quite uncanny, but what can I do? If the message no longer appears, can I assume that it all works, and Windows only somewhere a "node in the system" had? What is your RAID 1 or 0? This tells me anything, unfortunately.

You can also install the video driver for the Intel if you have an ATI driver. Why does not work out the installation. You can do a raid by you HDD's second Once as a mirror because the plates are mirrored (regarded as a backup if one fails the other is running on) As the stripe two plates are combined into one (e.g. 2x 250GB 500GB are then once) If you're not with the plates, it makes no sense to install this software, because otherwise you get error messages. You do not install everything what Dell offers Sun Just look what you have in your computer. Even if you type in the service day and is really just to appear what Inside the machine, there are still, unfortunately, the things they install you do not need. Even if you look what shows in your Windows Device Manager if in there is no exclamation point then you need not install yet more drivers.

I think it is happening like this because of some type of mistake which I have done from my side. And windows complain for the reason that it wants the Intel Chipset driver? But I've also installed easily and it is indeed everything, really strange. Another problem I have though: Since SP2 I'm having problems with my card reader (TEAC CA-200 Enhanced 19-1). I downloaded the drivers from the Dell site, download the old uninstalled, and then the new uploaded. Yet he still complains that two of the four slots (MS-HS and HS-SD) cannot be started. The others two are installed correctly. Can it be that because only parts are installed correctly?