Thread: Disabling GPRS on T630

Disabling GPRS on T630

As with the advancement in technology I have purchased a new cell phone of Sony Ericsson T630. It is having TFT display, can store up to 512 contacts, Bluetooth, WAP and GPRS support. Well for browsing the internet I have contacted the customer care and activated the GPRS settings. I want to know that is there any way to disable the GPRS settings.

Re: Disabling GPRS on T630

You can disable the GPRS settings into the T630 very easily. To disable GPRS you need to go to settings/ General/ Network/ Cellular Data Network and select APN, Username and Password field. In this APN you need to type some value i.e. wrong value. After entering the value you will receive a message such as “Unable to Connect to the GPRS Network”. The GPRS will be disabled automatically. If you can’t disable the GPRS settings into the mobile phone then you need to contact the customer care for disabling it.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have disabled the GPRS in T630. I am also having an iphone 3G. I need a solution so that I can disable the GPRS into my iphone. Is there any way to disable the data service? Provide me the solutions describing the steps to disable the data service.

You can disable the iphone 3G GPRS settings every easily. To disable the GPRS in iphone 3G you have to run the safari browser into your cell and browse to the iphonenodata website. In the iphonenodata website, click on the “Disable Edge/3G” button. After clicking on Disable Edge/3G. Clicking on Disable Edge/3G button will disable the GPRS settings from the iphone.

Data services can be easily disabled on T630. You can disable the data service from the mobile by following the steps given below:
    Select menu key on your mobile phone and then click on settings.
    In the settings, scroll down and select “data”. After selecting data click on ok button.
    Select disable data. You need to provide confirmation for disabling it.
    Now you can return back to the phone menu by pressing the exit button.

We can get any information by making use of data services. To get access to the data services we need to activate it. After data services we can get access to any information. You can disable the data service from the phone by going to the Menu/Settings/Data. You need to select data from the list of options given and press the ok button. In the On/Off button you need to select off and provide the confirmation that you want to disable the data service. Press the exit button to return back to the phone main menu.