Thread: Inspiron Mini 10 breaks down

Inspiron Mini 10 breaks down

My netbook Inspiron Mini 10 "continues this morning," normal "high, but before it is properly operational (just before the start routine is finished, but almost all the icons were visible on the desktop already) is an ugly blue box with the couplet: STOP: d0000144 Unknown Hard Error Unknown Hard Error and it moves no more. After several minutes of waiting time I've turned off the netbook (as on-off switch that went), again waiting several minutes in off, rebooted - with the same result: "Unknown Hard Error". And now? What to do to make it back "into gear" is? Simply "put on new Windows"'s not because they have no CD drive Minis.

Re: Inspiron Mini 10 breaks down

If the question to the Dell Driver the "older" have hardware test from the BIOS / startup out. So you can see any bad hardware. gibts there such a thing? Otherwise: go of the safe mode? maybe put on the most recent restore point then is not lost so much. The error describes the communication with hardware, so it can also be triggered by software at best.

Thanks for your answer, plain rich. You mean "Hard Error" sounds like a hardware problem? But I have recently installed anything new? Only from O2, a new program was for Internet access Here the Internet access is unfortunately only a USB stick, is a broadband access it here, unfortunately not. But that's now been three or four weeks installed and did not have problems. maybe someone here has an idea I like the kids to "revive" could?

How old is your problem? The error can be anything. Have you ever tried to hold down the Fn key and then turn on? It should start the PSA. Perhaps spits out the what. But things should be less than 24 months old you have to call Dell at times be repaired. Older than 24 months without a service agreement will be expensive.

I've tried: FN key and hold on. What is PPE? It happens: Windows XP starts there are almost all icons most recently, the latest of O2 would be activated. But since the start routine is now hanging. A little Windows window comes with the title: BTTray Main Window: BTTray.exe - Application Error. And the text in the window reads: The instruction at "0x73d311c7" referenced memory at "= x00000004. The "read" could not be performed on the memory. Click "OK" to exit the program. End of text. A mouse is not installed and the touchpad now works (in this situation) is not (?) - Remains to "kill" only (as on / off switch) - or how else? Today, no blue screen comes with the "Hard Error" now hangs Windows with the aforementioned window. This netbook is about twelve months old, so call to Dell? Or you have another idea, Dell wrench? Since Windows now "out here" when it really should start this new program from O2, I would like to remove this program again and see if everything works again. But how do I remove a program when I start Windows cannot?

I've just tried again to start the notebook with holding down Fn key. Same procedure as indicated:
    Windows XP starts
    - Almost all icons are used,
    - At last, the "new" from O2, Windows hangs
    This time, however, is another small window Title: SearchIndexer.exe - Application Error Text: ". The operation" The instruction at "0x0101c8b0" referenced memory 0x00a440f8 read "could not be performed on the memory. Click "OK" to exit the program. Text end Well - what to do? Thanks for the help!