Thread: Troubleshooting gray screen on wireless book laptop

Troubleshooting gray screen on wireless book laptop

Recently I have purchased wireless book laptop and installed windows 7 operating system on it. For playing games, chatting with friends I have taken an internet connection. When I start the wireless book it starts with the splash screen, loading the operating system and the corresponding driver but after some time a gray screen appears. I need a solution so that I can fix this problem and resolve it.

Re: Troubleshooting gray screen on wireless book laptop

Grey screen appearing on the screen because of the RAM problem. You can change the RAM into different slots of the system; restart the system to check if the grey screen problem is solved. If replacing the RAM doesn’t resolve the problem then there might be some driver problem. Sometimes grey screen appears because RAM is not working. If the RAM is not working then you need to get it replaced.

To solve the gray screen problem you might need to unplug all the external devices connected into the system. If you using Ethernet cables then for the time being disconnect it and restart the system. The system might not startup because peripheral connected to the system are not working. Unplugging the faulty peripheral devices may solve the start up problem.

You can make your system to startup by resetting the RAM. After resetting the RAM, restart the system. When the system restarts press the “command”, “option”, “P”, “R” keys simultaneously. You should press all these four keys before the gray screen appears. After the system start up successfully release the keys. You can also start the system by making use of “Command," "Control" and "Power" buttons at the start up. Your system wills startup automatically as these buttons are pressed.

You can resolve the gray screen problem my repairing the operating system. Insert the operating system CD into the CD-ROM drive and follow the instruction given below to repair it. Also you can restore the system by making use of system restore utility tool which is provided by your operating system. You can make use of system restore utility by clicking on start/all programs/accessories/system tools and then select system restore. Select the previous date and your system will be restored to the selected date.

If the gray screen problem has not been resolved by making use of system restore utility, resetting the RAM or by unplugging all the external devices then in that case there might be some technical problem with your LED display. You may contact the customer support center so that the LED display can be repaired, replaced and you gray screen problem is resolved.