Thread: Does Phoenix SecureCore BIOS are secure

Does Phoenix SecureCore BIOS are secure

Hello friends I would want to know that does the Phoenix Secure Core that is inbuilt in the Samsung R480 laptops are safer from any kind of malicious programs. I would want to know this because the I even own the same laptop and I don't want my laptop to get affected by any such wired things. So please provide a quick suggestion so that I stay away from any such virus issues.
    Last edited by Mattabesic; 06-12-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Re: Does Phoenix SecureCore BIOS are secure

Hey I think that Phoenix SecureCore is developed for the new generation of devices that will be designed in the future. This is usually for embedded, industrial, server and desktop or notebook. The construction of this is new feature is for increasing the quality and features of the laptop and so I guess that there would be no question of its security. .

Well I also think so that the new BIOS will be more secure than all the previous version as it is designed keeping in mind the importance of security that is needed these days. Also, SecureCore includes StrongROM, an embedded cryptographic engine, which allows authentication of the firmware itself. So I guess that there would be enough security in using this BIOS so don't worry and use this without any worry.

I think that the SecureCore provides a security in the form that it validates operating systems to allow entry if the user is valid. It also provides for multi-factor biometric verification to verify the identity of a user prior to any operating system being loaded. So I think that this factors help the user to make this more securable then any of the other BIOS that are available nowadays.