Thread: Windows 7: Microphone of laptop not working

Windows 7: Microphone of laptop not working

I have the Sony Vaio Laptop and the thing here is that I do not know why I cannot have the Microphone on the laptop working here. I was having the Microphone working when I was having the Windows XP and the Windows Vista on this laptop but when I tried it with the Windows 7 I do not know why it failed here. I really want to have the solution in this case as I really love this laptop and will be happy if at all you all can come up with some useful suggestion here. What can be done here please let me know about this. Hope that I will have something valuable here.

Re: Windows 7: Microphone of laptop not working

I think that you will be required to have the drivers for your laptop and that can only solve the issue, if the laptop is not having any physical damage then it is the only thing that can be done here. You can have the drivers from the official site of the Sony and then you can have all the things working here. I think that this will be ideal here. Please go to the official site and then enter the download section and then see for the model of the laptop that you have there and you will have to select the drivers based on the operating system that you have here on this laptop. Please let me know if I am correct in saying this.

Why do not you go for the firmware upgrade of the laptop as I think that this can really help you with the issue? I am of the opinion that the current firmware that you have here is not good enough to handle to the new operating system and hence I think that upgrading the same can really help you here with this situation. Well this suggestion is only going to work if you do not have any physical damage done to the system here. If at all you have done something horrible with the system then you are bound to spend money if you do not have the laptop under the warranty.

If you ask me I think that installing the Windows 7 again on the Sony Vaio can help a bit. I am sure that you must have tried all the things that you can on the Laptop. I mean to say that you must have tried all the things and the settings that are there in the Sound section in the Control Panel. If that is the case then I think that it is the full and final way to see if you can have the Microphone of the Laptop back to the working status. Jut install the Windows 7 again on the laptop and then go again for the installation here. After the installation of the Windows 7 try to run the Windows Updates as I think that this step can hopefully bring something here in this case. Please see this and let me know if I was correct.

If your laptop is under the warranty then I think that getting it to the service center; if all the things that have been mentioned above fail; will be the best option available here. Hope that you will have this replaced within few days and if that would be minor problem then I think that they will repair the same within no time and then you will be able to have the Laptop out of any issue here. Hope that you will have this solved easily and would get a narrow escape for the same here.

I have installed the Windows 7 again but that too really did not help and in addition to this I went for the CLEAN installation of the Windows 7 on my system but that too did not help. I cannot have this here. I think that I will be required to have the system replaced and I will see that I have this soon here in this case. I have tried the Drivers again and I even tried to search for the drivers that can run on the Windows 7 but could not find. Please come up with some more suggestions on this. Hope to see more replies in this case here. Please help me out this time too.