Thread: Cannot read small CDs in my drive!

Cannot read small CDs in my drive!

Hello friends I have got a Dell Studio 1745 which I am using since quite a while now. Now the problem is that this laptop has as slot for inserting the CD or the DVD to run and not the usual slider that come out when we press the button and then we can put the CD on the slider to run the CD. I have some small CD in which some software have been installed and I would want to run to install the same in my laptop. So the problem is that the drive on my laptop is not detecting the small CD so any guess that how can I make the drive detect the CD.

Re: Cannot read small CDs in my drive!

Hey have you checked the CD with some drive in the hope that it is working very well. It can be that the CD might have been at fault and that is why you are not able to run the Cd on your drive. If you are not able to run the CD on the other drive as well than I guess that is surely the problem of the CD and it will not work on any drive that you insert.

Hey have you checked the drive with some other CD, and if yes then is it working well. If it is working well then I guess that the drive is working well but the CD which you are trying to run is at fault. Also, if you are not able to run any of the CD in the drive then it has to be the problem of the drive and you have to replace the drive in order to run the CD.

Hey friends I have tried all the options that you have mentioned in the post but still I am unable to run the CD on my drive. I have checked other CD on my drive and it is working properly. Also, I have checked the same CD on the other drive and have found that the CD works well on the them. It is just ion my drive that the small CD is not working, so can any one help me to solve this problem as I am eagerly waiting to run the CD and install the software on my laptop.