Thread: How to synchronize Palm z22 on windows 7

How to synchronize Palm z22 on windows 7

Hi all, recently bought a Palm Z22 handhelds Personal Digital Assistants. Yesterday encounter a problem on this device with the windows 7 platform compatible machine. I tried to synchronize my handhelds device with my Dell laptop. First time it detects the device and starts the synchronization as per my selection. But after few minutes it disconnects. I think this is the general problem and I just ignore this. But while I tried to reconnect the device with my device, this gives me an error message that the device is not recognized. Why this problem happening, anyone can suggest me to solve this issue?

Re: How to synchronize Palm z22 on windows 7

I had the similar issue and this o ne done by very simple way. Actually there are some of steps which are should be followed to synchronize the palm device with any machine. Though you are not able to do this, so first off close the application totally, means make sure that it is also stop in the background of your machine. Because I think that the problem is occurred, because in the first attempt the process is stopped automatically, and in the second attempt it does not allow you to connect the device with machine, it may happened for there might be any program, is running in the background. So if there is any program runs in process tab of task manager then I suggest you to stop that one first and then go for second attempt., it sounds like general problem there is no major problem occurred.

Be sure that the HotSync Manager is running in your machine and the device is properly connected. While the HotSync Manager is running in your machine then make sure that the icon of this program is situate task bar. It means that the program is running in your machine, press on HotSync button on the palm cradle, or tap the icon of cradle in your palm screen. If still you are not able to make the synchronization, there by this process try to local synchronization. If it happens then make sure that, there is no problem with the software or the program. This should be the device or machine port problem.

I think that there is problem with the palm desktop; I recommend you re-install the one and then try to go for the synchronization. From the control panel remove the palm desktop application program and along with that also remove all the other files those are stored in the directory and the temporary file directory. And now re-install that desktop application. I had the similar issue with my palm handy device, and after done this, I can easily resolve this issue. Try with this, it definitely helps you. I more suggest to you to, which also might be help you to solve this problem. Connect the device and till does not do anything, a message will appear in your screen that “the device is properly installed in your machine and ready to use”. After flashes this message now go for whatever you wish, like synchronization or any other thing. I think this time you will definitely able to do this.