Thread: Inspiron 1545 : Error hard drive not found

Inspiron 1545 : Error hard drive not found

Hello friends I have brought this inspiron laptop just few weeks ago and I have already started to get the errors with this laptop. Whenever I start my laptop I always get the error saying that "No Hard Drive found". However when I again restart the laptop at that time I am able to successfully load it smoothly. This happens to me every time at the first attempt of starting the laptop so can any one help me to find out a perfect solution for solving this problem. I am having Windows on my laptop.

Re: Inspiron 1545 : Error hard drive not found

Hey why don't you open the laptop once and see, if it is attached properly. It can be that the hard drive cables are loosely held and that is the reason why you are getting this error constantly during the boot. So open the laptop and then remove the cables and then again insert it. Also, make sure that you don't touch any other hardware part of the laptop so as to advance the problem further. So keep a open eye while opening the laptop and insert the cables properly after removing in its proper place.

Hey why don't you go to the BIOS settings of your laptop and then see the settings that has been given to the bootable device. If it is given to boot from other device then you have to select the proper hard drive from where you have to actually boot. It can be the device selected is something other then the hard drive and that is why it is giving the error on the first boot. So go to the settings and select from where exactly you have to boot and then reboot the system again to see if the problem gets solved.

I think that there is some problem in the hard disk which you are currently using and which is causing the error when you try to reboot. So I would reckon you to change the hard drive as quickly as possible in order to play safe and to avoid any loss of data from the hard drive. So take a backup of the hard drive and then install the new hard drive and then insert the back up data.