Thread: Core i5 or Core i7 for an HP Envy Laptop

Core i5 or Core i7 for an HP Envy Laptop

I will be buying a new laptop , After a lot of research i have finally decided to go for the HP Envy laptop But only that I can not decide between these two whether i should go for the i5 Processor or i should buy the i7 version of this laptop. HP Envy one for the price and the other because I do not entirely trust the hyperthreading and bug with pentium 4 and had annoying problems. so which one do you recommend? Like I say I have the budget a little short clear that I plan to get a little more, right now I have an Acer laptop . But missing important decision i5 or i7? which of the two processor is the best in terms of performance. The laptop is available in both Intel core i5 as well as the Intel Core i7 variant.

Re: Core i5 or Core i7 for an HP Envy Laptop

Well if you are going to purchase the i5 and you are looking for some more performance than most other renders will suggest you to go for the intel core i7 but of course you let a good money. As you may know, Intel is adopting new names for their processors. Core i3 family is facing micros simple, while the family is focused on i5 and family-level PCs Core i7 is targeted to high-end PCs. Core i3 not yet been announced and i5-750 will test that today will be the first Core i5 released. Some processors based on a core Core i7 "Bloomfield" has been released (Core i7-920, Core i7-940, Core i7-950, Core i7-965 and Core i7-975), but using a different socket, the LGA1336.

Core i3, i5 Core i7 and have an integrated memory controller as AMD processors since the first Athlon 64 (launched in 2003). The memory controller of the models launched so far only support DDR3 , with the 1366 processor sockets supporting configuration of three channels and 1156 socket supporting dual channel configuration. This is one of the differences between the socket and the socket 1156 1366. Thus, the socket 1366 is only for high-end PCs. So i think any of the processor will do but it would be better if you purchase the one which is the latest because the latest processor will have all the bugs from its previous version resolved. Over the months, the excellent Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad Intel have seen more and more competition from AMD's offer, while their development was stopped with the transition to a fine engraving 45 nm. Remained motionless while Intel, AMD drew lessons from its past failures and rectify its architecture with Deneb in place in the Phenom II architecture has largely declined. Very aggressive in terms of price, AMD has also been particularly prolific with numerous outputs of processors. Core i5 is the latest “mid-range” processor by Intel. A step up from the Core i3, i5 processors will give you a noticeable difference in speed, depending on what type of applications that you run. If you are playing solitaire, you aren’t going to be able to tell a difference between Core i3 and Core i5 processors. If you are editing multiple files in Adobe Flash, with virtualization software, you may notice the Core i5 to be snappier.

Intel had to respond in order not to let AMD grab the segment of mid-range processors. If in November 2008 Intel presented its new Nehalem micro-architecture, it has hitherto been reserved for high-end niche. Today, the founder of declines in the mid-range with the arrival of its processors Lynnfield. New marketing name, i5, new socket, but also new technical features and infrastructure around the new Intel P55 chipset. In setting up two channels, two memory modules are accessed simultaneously. This doubles the available bandwidth compared to when we have only one memory module being accessed at the same time (single channel). So on systems using the dual channel configuration memory modules must be installed in pairs so that the micro obtain peak performance. In the architecture of three channels, three memory modules are accessed simultaneously, increasing the available bandwidth by 50% compared to the configuration of two channels working with the same clock. Thus in PCs using the Intel Core i7-9xx you must install memory modules in multiples of three to get the maximum performance that the processor can provide. if you are looking for a top performer of “everything” but are on a budget you can go for the i5 and overclock it to 3.2 Ghz.

One should have to be mindful that the real performance of a processor is not necessarily the clock speed(Ghz,etc),but how efficiently the processor co-operates with RAM.Depending of the architecture, 1 Ghz processor can perform better than a 2 or 3 gig!!Another point has to do with the way the OS was written.Case in point,and Apple computer,regardless if it is a G3,4,or 5,will always boot faster than any machine running MS OS because,though Apple OS is based on Darwin,the underlying OS is essentially UNIX,which has the best memory management system.Same can be said about Linux and the many off-shoots. Of note,some i7,if not all,have an on-chip memory controller.This idea is somewhat borrowed by Intel from it’s rival, AMD, who had the north bridge and south bridge controller on-chip that enable faster throughput between the processor and the PCI bus. I think that you should go for the 920 which is an i7 Socket 1366, because the QPI has the (new bus for communication with the ram), supports triple channel and the HT technology (which allows it to process two threads at a time to a processor core to simulate an eight-core). The 5750 is socket-1156 does not have HT, it supports triple channel the difference between dual and triple in practice does not exist, at least for now.

I have used I5 and its one of the best because this new processor which is based on Intel's Nehalem architecture, designed for the new socket LGA 1156 and assigned to work in conjunction with the equally new Intel P55 chipset. With this Intel aims to kill two birds with one stone: first Nehalem intends to reach the masses, which so far has not been possible due to the relatively high cost have both platforms as the process of the line Core LGA1366 i7, which until today was the only option on the market based on this microarchitecture, and secondly, and of course, this release is to gain ground lost to AMD, directing new product directly to the market segment currently governed by the Phenom X4. The version we review today is the i5 750, which is the only, but not the last, this series has been created. Among its features include a frequency equal to that of his "big brother", the Core i7 920, ie, 2666 MHz also has 8 MB shared L3 cache, four cores, with one thread per core - HyperThreading not present in this release, support for dual channel DDR3 memory and Intel Turbo Boost (also present in the previous Core i7), among other innovations. Technically, Core i5 processors are marketed a bit differently. There are two main types of Core i5 Processors, dual core, and quad core. Dual core i5 processors have 32nm technology, hyper threading support, virtualization support, and Turbo Boost technology. Quad core i5 processors have 45nm technology, virtualization support and Turbo Boost technology, but do not have hyper threading support. I don’t know of any reason why an I5 processor would not run Windows XP. The processor itself should work just fine.