Thread: Macbook Pro: Application settings & mail lost

Macbook Pro: Application settings & mail lost

Hello friends I have been using this MacBook Pro for almost a year now and it was working pretty fine without any problems until yesterday when I turned the laptop on to check my mails and I saw that I was not able to open any of those mails in my inbox. Also, some of the applications on my notebook has stooped working withou any reason. I restarted the laptop again and again to see if the problem gets solved but actually it didn't. Can any one help me to know what is the problem and how it can be corrected. I have lots of emails in my inbox that I would want to refer so is there any way I can recover all my mails from the inbox and also the applications starts to run without formatting as I don't want to loose any data.

Re: Macbook Pro: Application settings & mail lost

Hey friend I would want to know that the last time when you had used the laptop did you download anything from the internet or have you installed any new applications on the last time before turning off the laptop. If this is the case then I think that some virus might have entered into the system which is responsible for doing such kind of weird things on your laptop. So what i would suggest is that you should run a anti virus software that will detect and clear all the virus if any on you laptop.

Hey I would want to know what kind of email client are you using. Since you are not able to open any mails it can be that some of the settings in the email client have been changed which is causing this kind of problem in your laptop. Why don't you open the same on some other browser, I think that usually the problem is of the browser if the something goes wrong with the emails or the chats. So try installing an updated version of the browser and see if it solves your problem.

Hello friends i have done every thing that you have mentioned in the post but still i am not able to click on the mails to access them. I have changed my browser, in the hope that it will function but gradually it didn't. I even ran the antivirus programs and there were no threats detected. I am still unable to access some of the application and whenever I click on them I get a error saying that "no settings found" so can any one help me to solve this problem as I want to acces the mails quickly.

Hey I think that your laptops needs to be reconfigured so as to get back to its original form because I think that the laptop has been reverted to the factory settings which is why you are not able to run the applications properly. I think that this is done by some unknowingly using your laptop in your absence and so i request you to setup the laptop by pressing F2 or F12 at the reboot then and see the settings and accordingly reconfigure it to run the applications properly.