Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT is not compatible with Windows 7 in Sony Vaio AR41L

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT is not compatible with Windows 7 in Sony Vaio AR41L

Hi all,
    I'm concerned in advancement of my Sony Vaio AR41L which is came with previously installed windows Vista 32-bit SP2 I have changed it to Windows 7. Now I want to upgrade the system with a new graphic card which is NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT but when I dash the Windows 7 Upgrade guide it indicate me that the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT and the driver you are installing for this device is not compatible by means of Windows 7". I want to know has somebody also practiced this problem and resolve this problem? Any suggestions would be mighty useful is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT is not compatible with Windows 7 in Sony Vaio AR41L

I have done a lot of search for this issue and after this I came to know that Nvidia will realizing the new and fresh batches of driver for windows 7 which might be compatible with the operating system you are using. So I would like to advice you that you have to wait for this new driver and then you will be able to continue with this standard driver which is compatible for your device up to then you can continue with your standard VGA in the system. So try using this and then search for the driver on the nvidia’s website after its release.

Form me this issue seems that that the driver which you have installed into the system is not compatible with the system is because it might be not the latest version. So, you need to download the latest updated driver from the net and then try installing the driver again and the see if this is helping you or not if the problem is still persisting then I think you need to download the driver form Nvidia. I think this will help you to sort out the problem.

I think you need to follow the steps I am giving below to get the desired solution after this I think you will get the solution:
    • First go to the Nvidia website and then download the latest updated driver which is compatible for your device.
    • As soon as you have installed the driver just unpack the driver and open its file now after opening the file just modify its one of the INF file so that it would be compatible for the system.
    • This modification will set your driver supportable to the video card I think this will help you as I have done this and also it was helpful to me.

OK I have downloaded the driver but the problem is that it is not compatible for the device and you have told to modify the INF file form the pack of the downloaded driver. Will you please help me to know that how to modify the INF file and which one to modify. Please if possible tell the method of modification of the INF file. I hope you will have knowledge how to modify this file. Please help to get out of this issue.