Thread: How to connect Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop

How to connect Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop

Hey I have HP 625 laptop having windows 7.some days before I HP printer which are properly connected to my HP 625 laptop. And I was working properly on that. But because of some reason my HP printer is not working so I buyed Dell 968 printer but I don’t know how to connect a Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop.so please tell me what I have to do to connect it properly. And any other information related to Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop connection.

Re: How to connect Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop

To connect a Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop you first have to contact Dell and HP support services and from there you have to download the software and after that load that software to your laptop. Along with that also make sure that all the connections are corrects and tightly connected .after doing this you are capable of printing properly on your printer.

Hey even I want to know how to connect a Dell 968 printer to HP 625 laptop which is working in Windows 7. I have contacted Dell and HP support services and still not able to sort out the complexity. The software has been downloaded from the Dell site but I cannot send anything to print. The laptop is not reading the printer. I have tried all the usual steps like loading and reloading software, verifying all connections, etc. The printer works absolutely on a Dell E6400. Suggestion on solving the difficulty appreciated. Thanks.

Hey you first have to install the printer software on the system by clicking the "Eject" button on the right edge of the Inspiron laptop to open the CD-ROM tray. Put the software disc in the tray plus close. When the disc begins playback, press each on screen prompt button to advance through the installation, and then restart the system when finished. Make sure the input port on the back of the HP printer to decide which cable to utilize. Connect directly USB cable to the printer if it is set with a USB port. If not, attach a parallel port plug on single end of the USB adapter cable to the back of the printer. Connect the USB plug on the other end of the cable to the Dell Inspiron by means of any obtainable USB port. There are two ports stacked one over the other on the back edge of the laptop plus two ports on the right edge of the laptop.

Hey I got some information for you that the Dell Inspiron laptops are prepared with four standard USB ports to connect the laptop to other devices, for example a Hewlett Packard printer. Newer HP printers also utilize a standard USB port for a straight connection with the laptop. Older printers with parallel ports (two rows of metal pins) will be able to still be connected to an Inspiron, but a cable adapter is wanted to convert the USB output from the laptop to a parallel input that the printer be able to process.

Hey I know that its work properly with apple laptop but I am not sure about Dell Inspiron Laptop first Go to the dell menu and highlight Software Update to make sure for printer software updates. Turn on the HP printer in addition to connect it to the laptop with the USB cable integrated with the printer. Navigate to the menu in the upper left corner of the screen in addition to choose System Preferences. Press on the icon for Print & Fax. Then Open the lock icon in the lower left corner of the screen by pressing on it. Enter an administrator user name with password in the on screen dialog window. Click the plus icon below the Printers menu on the left side of the screen. Choose the HP printer from the Printer Name list. And at the last press add.