Thread: What type of hard drive I must choose for macbook pro 2010

What type of hard drive I must choose for macbook pro 2010

I am preparing to buy a macbook pro laptop the 17 inch with the intel i7 processor. I will possibly get the anti glare screen. What I am on the barrier about is whether it will cost the extra capital to get the solid state drive or the 7200 rpm drive. I would like something that might be quicker than the normal 5400rpm drive, I have examine these are laptop drives are usually slower than a 7200rpm drive which seems to be normal in desktops. With performance & pace being very vital to me; I would believe advancing the hard drive to the 7200.00 rpm or the solid state. Another factor is the hard drive capacity; this is not as big a concern as I remain with most of my content on external hard drives. Currently, I m having Windows xp desktop at my home. Should I buy 7200 rpm drive or I just stick with 5400 rpm drive. If anyone knows of any issue or known breakdown with one of the hard drives, I would like to be clued in as, this pc will have to last me at least 4 years, I am getting a onetime portion of economic aid from my school, and I desire to make the right option. Will the hard drive issue so much, since, I remain most of my digital content on external hard drives, & have frequently program files /software on the Laptop drive.

Re: What type of hard drive must choose in a macbook pro 2010

Yeah you can buy 7200 rpm disk drive if money is not the matter for you. You will observe a big enhancement in performance with a solid state disk. However the 17 inches laptop of Apple (Macbook) with Intel i7 with the minimum solid state drive is approximately $2,560. If speed performance is the most significant thing to you then improved can be had with a desktop computer solution at that price point. Larger Solid state disk, better graphic card and so forth. What Apple carries to the table is improved battery life and lighter weight, so if mobility is more significant than the Macbook may indeed be right for you. So I suggest you to but the Macbook of 7200 rpm and it will not cost you so much if you afford to pay the price for it. Just keep in mind that better the rpm better you will get the performance for your laptop.

I think that you are incorrect. Saying that Windows' "equivalents" spec-for-spec is cheaper is now unaware. If you really shop about to find the REAL pricing, you would feel extremely stupid after posting this. Buying directly from Apple may be somewhat higher, but resellers, or on sites such as eBay (for New or Sealed in Box, not Used), you will remain with so much money compare to even the Windows' "equivalent." I bought the MacBook Pro 16.4" with Intel i7 and the 500GB Hard disk drive, 4 GB RAM DDR3, with over clocking speed up to 3.2 GHz, it cost me around $1850. When a lesser Dell laptop was over $ 2000 for not even close specifications (just an intel i5 of lesser power than the MacBook Pro's intel core i5, not even near to equivalent battery life [a lot less than Macbooks are having etc.). So check out the proper price of the relevant Macbook you require to buy for your work.

I attempted the WD 1TB model in my Macbook 2010 MBP 13". It set out with no issues in my Macbook. Like you my primary concern is noise. I work at home in a very silence surrounding so I pick up on things that would be goes down out by ambient office noise. The WD 1TB was too noisy for me so it is uncomfortable to work with due to its high sound from the drive. The 250gb seagate my MBP shipped with was unnoticeable, but the WD sounded like a little fan was running. Not noisy, but very noticeable. It concerned me enough that I paid $45 to be able to come back it to newegg.com. I haven't tried any other Hard drive so I can't measure up to to other brands.