Thread: Dell E228wfp backlight failure

Dell E228wfp backlight failure

Hey I am working on my Dell E228wfp laptop from 15 month but now it is behaving odd and I was hoping to probably be able to solve it. After about 5 minutes of run time the monitor back light will shut off however the power light stays green. If I turn the monitor off in addition to wait a little bit I can then get another 5 minutes of run time before it goes dark. I am not getting what to do. Please suggest me some solution and any information related to my problem.

Re: Dell E228wfp backlight failure

Hey even I am facing this problem but I just solved it by uninstalled the video drivers, rebooted and installed them fresh. When the resolution adjusted as they were being installed the backlight came back on! Problem solved I am thinking. Then it encouraged me to reboot so I did. Upon rebooting there was no backlight even on the Dell E228wfp screen. Now I am back to thinking it is hardware related, maybe the gpu is bad.

It could be the CCFL fluorescent backlight requests to be replaced. And that would be true if, when the LCD monitor is on with the green light plus blank screen the similar way you point out, utilize the brightest light that you include in addition to shine straight into the front of the monitor as well as look at it from at least a 45 degree angle to observe if you be able to a very faint trace of the picture display that you would expect to observe. If you observe a faint picture, after that it is the CCFL Florescent bulb assembly which is burnt out. If it make that the florescence is faulty, then you would have to obtain the accurate replacement part number.

It could be the screen itself or a bad inverter. I do not think it is the inverter although, seeing that you be able to observe text on the screen with a flashlight. How old is the system? Your best expect to figure out the issue would be to contact dell support, maybe they be able to narrow it down. If it is still in warranty, send it in. If it is not then get a look around for a new screen, as you could possibly locate one for quite inexpensive.

Hey from my opinion a failing CCFL lamp be able to cause the inverter to shut down. Laptop inverters have a protection shutoff quality. The inverters have existing sensors in them as well as when the CCFL's current grows so high the inverter shuts itself off for safety. a few notebooks utilize two CCFL backlights as well as an inverter with dual outputs. If either CCFL is bad the entire inverter will shut down plus even the remaining good CCFL will keep on dark. This leads you to believe that the inverter is the culprit when it is actually a bad CCFL. Putting in a new inverter won't solve anything. It will now misuse your time as well as money.