Thread: While adding Bluetooth headset getting an Error: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error

While adding Bluetooth headset getting an Error: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error

I comprise a problem fixing my Bluetooth headset with my laptop. I am operating Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit. I have repeated these actions with two dissimilar headsets. Here is the trouble:
    1. I pair the headset with my laptop and the whole thing works well
    2. I go into Bluetooth Devices and eliminate the headset device
    3. I after that try to duo the headset to the laptop and obtain the error
    I have not been able to discover anything online to assist. I have spoken to the producer that is Plantronics and they were as well not capable to assist. Definitely there is got to be a method to find it to pair once more. I am frantic for assist. I actually don't wish to reconstruct my machine just to obtain the headset to duo once more.

Re: While adding Bluetooth headset getting an Error: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error

Just want to ask you some question to know your problem.
    1. Which version of software application or drivers is setup on the computer?
    2. Is Windows 7 is setup on the computer?

Follow the steps specified below:
    1. You have to yourself insert the Bluetooth headset. Do this by transporting up the Bluetooth headset 'Add a Device' alternative from the Bluetooth icon.
    2. Turn on the Bluetooth headset.
    3. Push the further button on the base of the Bluetooth headset. You will observe the Bluetooth headset show up in the list of devices to insert.
    4. Choose and insert the device.

I would recommend you to re-setup the driver for Bluetooth in vista compatibility mode.

Re: While adding Bluetooth headset getting an Error: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error

I am containing the exact identical problem. Windows 7 Professional 32 bit on an HP Elitebook 2530P.I paired the Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth headset with Windows 7 originally the whole thing worked well. I released the Control Panel- All Control Panel Items- Devices and Printers folder. I right clicked on the Bluetooth headset and then clicked on Remove Device. Later than the device was fruitfully detached from my Windows 7 Professional 32 bit system, I attempted to re-add it via "Add a Device" alternative from the Bluetooth icon. I situate the Bluetooth headset in pairing mode. Windows 7 states "Select device to insert to this computer" and catalogs "9xx Plantronics" Bluetooth headset which is the device I am annoying to adjoin to the PC. After this I click on the Next button. I obtain the similar error. I have attempted re-setup the Bluetooth driver software from HP for the Broadcom 2045 chip integral to my laptop. I utilized Vista Compatibility Mode, as you recommended while running the program. Later than rebooting and re annoying to Add Device for my Bluetooth headset, I obtain the similar error.

Is there likelihood that Windows 7 saves Bluetooth profiles for devices which necessitate precise drivers even later than the device has been detached? I have an Altec Lansing Backbeat 903 and contain experienced a very parallel problem. I productively paired and later than Windows 7 could not discover the drivers, it execute a analytic or troubleshooting and recommended I run a Bluetooth driver installer from a third party site. Later than doing so, my headphones worked great! On the other hand, over the path of the day, my headphones failed. I shaped I would just begin from scratch and eliminate the device and attempt to repair.