Thread: W500 and Windows 7 (Ultimate) 64bit

W500 and Windows 7 (Ultimate) 64bit

Maybe it will help all of you W500 / W500 do not bring original Lenovo Windows 7 media on Windows 7 64 bit: It all works out.
    1. Fingerprint Reader the various tips in the forum like to take old version or manufacturer drivers’ work at least not with me.

2. Switchable Graphics Switching does not work only way is through changing the graphics card in the BIOS.

3. Brightness setting when using the ATI graphics various tips does not work only on the BIOS update I have not tried will not because I ran.

Otherwise, stick to manual installation only 2 problem cases observed.

1. Is enabled in the BIOS Intel ATM, the corresponding software packages are required. Otherwise, stay in Device Manager 2 devices without a driver assignment.

2. Before looking at which wireless card line is blocked, 51x0 or 53x0. Incorrectly selected drivers lead to a Blue Screen.

Re: W500 and Windows 7 (Ultimate) 64bit

So for me Windows 7 running x64 wonderful and the fingerprint and display settings devoid of problems. I mean here that it is running without any of the issue. When running the 32bit version on my T500's fingerprint, but as I said in the x64 everything is fine. So this much I know and I hope this information will going to help others.

My finger print reader does not work on Windows 7 64bit.:
    - Drivers for Authentec + software from Lenovo -> Reader is not recognized in the Lenovo software
    - Drivers for Authentec + Uptec software (Tip here in the forum) -> Reader is not recognized by software Uptec
    - Drivers and software directly from Authentec -> In reading the finger is no response, assume that the reader is not recognized by the software
    - Drivers for Authentec + Vista64Bit software from Lenovo -> Reader is not recognized in the Lenovo software
    I put the plate with the old Vista Business 32 installed in, everything works perfectly. If the reader well from up there sometimes is a working fix.

Here are some drivers that you should possibly try if you have not already done so ThinkPad Switchable Graphics Driver for Windows 7 - ThinkPad R400, T400, T500 and W500 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w ... ocid = MIGR-73 641 FP had the drivers I install multiple (two or three times) until he ran. http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w ...-BETA.html # autc Hotkey driver for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 - Notebooks http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...IGR-68000.html.

I have installed (and it works): the packet 7wf460ww.exe from the Lenovo website. downloaded at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w ... ocid = MIGR-73 674 . This system containing regularly update and run Windows Update and the important stuff (read: BIOS updates and updated drivers for the motherboard, etc.) is pulled and installed. I think I have any drivers installed before I got the above package made on it. You just try everything on fingerprint in Device Manager to remove once and then install the package. Presumably you've tried the scone, just wants to be sure. There is too much even without fingerprint. Costs even 5 seconds more on boot.

The FP must be used so exclusively in the application. I use at thousands of sites with FP also the log for me; this is a very pleasant thing. All can be controlled perfectly with the password manager of Lenovo.to be found: Client Security Solution 8.3 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w ... ocid = MIGR-73 785

After reading this thread, I've struggled through to today but now my T500, that previously ran perfectly Win 7 32 bit with a version with 64 bit upgrade to. I guess the difference should not be serious.Funnily enough, worked the Fingerprint Reader (FPR) in the 64 bit version does not, although this work previously under 32 and all components in the system were perfectly detected. A hardware failure was thus not available. As it turned out, I have made in comparison to install 32 bit version is a difference: I have run all updates for Windows 7 before then to install only the Lenovotreiber (ie, installation of all "important" and "optional" updates). This I had not previously been fully, but only made the "important" updates. It then drivers are apparently got confused because I could use the FPR definitely not because he was apparently not recognized RICHITGE. After uninstalling the Lenovosoftware for the finger print reader, I could then use to attach the Windows 7 software and everything works perfectly. I guess it's probably best, first make a normal Installation - no update - then apply the installer of Lenovotreiber and only then it makes sense to complete the installation by further updates of Windows.