Thread: Dell XPS L501X laptop internal microphone does not work

Dell XPS L501X laptop internal microphone does not work

I have recently purchased a Dell XPS L501X laptop and I am now facing problem with my laptop. Today when i was recording some video from the webcam, then I was not able t here any audio from it. Even I tried to record some voice using the sound recorder, but even it is not recording anything. I am now really struck with this issue and not understanding what to do with it. So please help. Any help regarding this I will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Dell XPS L501X laptop internal microphone does not work

I have solution for this problem. So for solving this problem you will require to go to the sound option by going through the control panel. Inside the sound option you have to go to the Input option and there you have to select the internal Microphone. If it is already selected then keep as it is and then you have to turn the sensitivity all the way up. Save these changes and try to record some sound. I hope that it will work for you.

For this problem I will suggest you to update the audio driver on your machine. I am quite sure that you will be able to fix your issue after trying this solution; if not then you will have to reinstall the driver. I will also advice you to check your speaker, by playing some MP3 song. So try out this fixes and see if it solves your problem or not. Hope have helped you.

Few days back even I was facing the same problem with my internal microphone. For knowing the cause of the problem I performed the Dell Diagnostics Audio Tests on my machine. If this test fails the mic tests then it is the hardware problem, but if it passes then the problem is most likely related with the driver. In my case the test failed and there was a hardware problem. So I get it replaced by the engineers and it started working fine. So you to try out this test and what is the cause in your case.