Thread: Dell 966 printer not recognized by my laptop

Dell 966 printer not recognized by my laptop

Recently bought a HP Compaq laptop running under windows vista, along with that bought a Dell 966 printer, but encounter a problem while tried to connect printer with the machine, after plug in the machine says that this device is not recognized by machine. I installed the software for the printer properly instructions. I reinstall the firmware but this happens the same thing. What should I do, how to connect the printer. I am not having such idea on technical issues in the computer. Suggest me any kind of tricks.

Re: Dell 966 printer not recognized by my laptop

Did you install the driver for printer properly; make sure that this one is installed properly. I suggest going for this once, reinstalling the driver and along with that you also need to reinstall the software application. Be remembering that after uninstall the earlier driver remove all the files physically from the machine. And reinstall the driver from the installation disk which is provided with the printer, I think after the driver install it might be require for the reboot, after reboot now install the software. Try with this; I hope this will help you.

Make sure that, the USB cable is plugged properly between the machine and the printer, re-plug the cable and try to add the printer in your machine. Along with that make sure that the installation process of the printer is completed with the proper instructions. If the installation disk is earlier version then download the latest version from the manufacturer web site. Download the driver and install into your machine. Remember that during the installation process the printer should be not be plugged. In might be ask you for reboot the machine, reboot and connect the printer into machine, it will automatically recognize the printer and ask you to add this one into the machine.

All the printer are comes with the unique software and driver which is compatible with the printer. The problem that you mentioned in your post, is sounds for either hardware or software, so simple first of all I would like to ask is the driver and the software application is properly installed in your machine? the detection problem is might be not properly configure the driver in your machine. or you can also try to locate the driver manually in your machine, for that you need to go to control panel and in that windows select the add hardware option, now click on the browse option, this will ask you for the file path, go to the setup installation folder and from there locate the driver which you installed for the printer, click on add. In this way you can add the hardware in your machine.

I am having two solutions fro this type of audio problem, some of the hardware driver like sound, graphics or any other software applications are not compatible with windows 7. First one is, go to start menu and then type and insert “gpedit.msc” and hit on ENTER. Now go to your Computer Configuration and proceed to Administrative Templates and then go to Driver Installation under System tab. In that window on the right side look for the option, “Turn Off Windows Update Device Driver Search Prompt”, select the option and click on it, a small list will appear in your screen and from there select the enable option. And click on OK. Now after that it might be require for the system reboot, do this. Or if this not happens then manually reboot the machine, and I hope by this your audio issue will be solved. And other solution is, reinstall the driver. First you need to un-install the driver, you can locate the driver by type and insert device manager in the search panel, in the device manager under driver tab expand “Sound, video, and game controllers”, locate and go to the properties of the driver, by right click on it from the properties window select the uninstall option. After complete installation, remove all the temporary and registry files from the physical memory of your machine. I hope any one of these will definitely help you.