Thread: Dell Inspiron 1420 Touchpad

Dell Inspiron 1420 Touchpad

I am having an issue which is related to the touchpad of the Dell Inspiron 1420 which is not working. Yesterday when i turned my laptop on i am not getting the device of mine working with the touchpad. Touchpad is not responding when i put my finger in it to perform some task. I am not able to sort out this issue. So if you can then please let me know about the working solution of same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1420 Touchpad

The first thing that i will advise you to go with the installation of the Touchpad driver which might be got corrupted and not responding to the dell issue. To install the driver for the Touchpad it is better to insert the CD which you have got with the Box and install the touchpad driver. So if you can then go through the installation of the driver and see whether it is working with the issue of yours or not.

I think that the device might got bad with the touchpad and that is why it is not responding with the functionality of the same. It is better to contact the Dell regarding the issue which you are going through. As they are the developer and might having the solution for same. So asking then can help you better then anything else. So if you can then contact the Dell regarding the issue which you are going through and see whether you are getting it work or not.

Before going through any of the above solution it is better to check whether the touchpad is disabled and that is why not working. It is better to check for the same for the same first and then come to know whether it is working or not. To perform the check go to Synaptic setting and right click on same. Now select properties. Check there whether the device is disabled or not enabled. If it disabled then enable it and see whether this is working for you or not. If this is not working for you then it is better to go with the above replies.