Thread: Best laptop for blind people

Best laptop for blind people

My daughter have turned 14 before two days and now she has an interest to work on computers. I have asked for the suggestions on many forum and the same thing I am doing here. even though she is blind, She has a great sense of touch and hearing. I am so curious about buying a computer system for my daughter as even a single mistake while buying this computer would be stopping my daughter from exploring herself properly.

Re: Best laptop for blind people

It is not uncommon for deaf-blind people exist in the world. For a deaf-blind information is much smaller than for the blind. Imagine that he can read a book by Braille, and hear the radio. And now, a concept "e-Sullivan," which is a laptop for deaf/blind rely solely on tactile sensitivity to obtain information, the possibility of converting all types of printed materials in Braille. It can also provide assistance with tasks related to instant messaging and Web browsing. Because of its thin profile, e-Sullivan can be anywhere, protected by a rugged outer shell of a compound of rubber and plastic resin.

Outside, e-Sullivan can help users to read and store information on prices of products without assistance. Its surfaces and its minimum number of touch keys to highlight the direct interaction of the ease of use. The middle, ring and little fingers are what you use to type in braille. And thumbs are used for the scroll wheel and button activation. The product of e-Sullivan is very simple to use. e-Sullivan has been nominated for Week International Design Excellence Award in 2007, by a young designer Taeho Wang. He created this concept in the hope of lowering the wall between Deaf-Blind and the world.

The technology is obviously not new, but a team of Finnish researchers, just install it on a Nokia 770. It is a sort of touch screen and simulated braille designed for smartphones. This technology requires the installation of a layer piezoelectric on the touchscreen device, and a special software running on the phone. The device then emulates a kind of Braille and Morse code requires 1.25 s to read a character. Technology, promising enough, could be deployed in the future on various devices.

The STV will scroll the cursor on the screen just like the mouse of the computer of a person who sees. At the same time, he reflects on the keys which is in motion. A reading of the text, translated three letters STV both on the screen raised letters on the keys. Letters can be either in Braille or in print of the character of the alphabet written in a font identifiable by touch-capacity among the brand new equipment for the visually impaired. The reading system is called the current Braille.

For graphics, instructions and a recorded speech produced by a machine is activated, providing guidance on how to proceed and explanations that give additional information about the image that the user encounters. A break in any part of the image will automatically activate a brief explanation. Access to a computing environment based on the graphic has a double advantage: it not only opens up all sorts of possibilities for computer work to a blind, but it also allows the person to create works of art through an interface with drawing programs.

The Virtual Touch System (VTS), The command center is located in the palm, it is no longer necessary for the user to memorize numerous keyboard commands, a blind man can point and click just like any other PC user. This device is the culmination of four years of research and development conducted by two scientists: After a skiing accident that damaged the sight of his daughter, Mr. Gouzman held to develop a tool allowing him to be a full member of the generation of the computer. His idea was to create a device capable of converting digital information displayed on the screen of a computer into a mechanical information palpable. In an evaluation test involving 26 blind or visually impaired, Meir, aged 36, said: This unit has opened my eyes. I never realized that the lines drawn by Picasso in the portrait of a young girl could be as moving as real physical beauty.

A screen reader is a program that reads the contents of the Windows graphical screen just visually impaired. The Horsham of BLINDOWS can be heard over the voice, to be read on the Braille display, Braille or severely visually impaired at high magnification (up to 48x) viewed. On the one hand, pursuing BLINDOWS and thus all other means to move the cursor, ie the places where something is happening, on the other hand, allows you to get the patented TASO-slides with an overview of the screen. With the vertical line slides to control the row and immediately hear whether they are empty or described, or the focus (cursor) contain the horizontal column slides go hear through the line and whether it small or capital letters, punctuation, or other types of characters are.