Thread: How to change the printer installation language in Dell photo 924 printer

How to change the printer installation language in Dell photo 924 printer

I have recently bought the dell laptop with windows XP which is purchased at the place of HP laptop in which I have recently installed the a new hard drive after this I want to reinstall my Dell photo 924 printer which I have downloaded from the dell support website. After this download when I unzipped the file which I have downloaded I found that after I hooked up it with the usb cable all the information is not in the English language. Actually I don’t want to change the language of the printer but need all the information like printer set up, printer information, information about the ink remaining etc should be in English. What would I do please help me.

Re: How to change the printer installation language in Dell photo 924 printer

I think you are getting some other language which you are not able to understand so I think it is because you have downloaded the driver from other language so I would like to recommend you to download the driver in English version. One more thing is that when you will go to download the driver from the dell then check the language of the driver which you are downloading. So do it as I suggested you and see if this helps you to get the desired solution or not.

I think this issue is due to the driver is not supporting the operating system which you are using I mean the language of the operating system is not supporting to the driver so to get the solution for this issue you need disconnect the printer and then run the printer clean up utility up to when it shows you the message to restart the system. After that restart the system and now download the driver for the windows XP driver patch file from dell support site and after this tell me if these drivers are in English version or not. Now after this install the printer and then after getting the message that is printer is not connected then connect the printer and then power on to the printer and then see if you will be able to get the solution or not.
    Last edited by Antonio1; 04-12-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Thank you as I am able to get the desired solution after these things which you have suggested me. I cannot be able to tell you that how much time it will take to recover this issue but I think coming on this forum has resolved the problem. I will visit again to this forum if ever I will get any problem hope you will be again help me to get out of the problem if I will ever had any issue.