Thread: Dell studio 1558 mouse cursor expands randomly

Dell studio 1558 mouse cursor expands randomly

I have recently purchased Studio 1558 running with Windows 7 64-bit OS and along with this I have also purchased an i7 processor notebook. My i7 notebook is working fine without any problem. But I am facing some problem with the mouse of my studio computer. When I start the computer, then it starts normally and as the time passes the size of the cursor increases normally. After getting this problem I have to restart my laptop again to get back the mouse cursor to the normal size. After some the same problem starts on my computer. How I will able to solve this problem? If you have any suggestion regarding this problem, please do help. Try to post you reply as early as you can.

Re: Dell studio 1558 mouse cursor expands randomly

I have gone through your problem and after going through it I think that unknowingly you might have turn on the Magnifier on your computer due to which you are facing this problem. So I will recommend you to turn it off. This problem mainly happens due to this cause so I hope that after going through this fix you will be able to solve your problem. If still after trying this solution you are facing the same problem, then try to reply me back.

Have you tried to change the theme of your mouse setting by going to the control panel? If not then you will have to try it. If you have already tried and it is not making any difference to your problem, so now I will advise you to turn off you computer and re-plug your mouse. If even this does not solve the problem, then I will advice you to try some different mouse on your machine. So try out all this fixes which I have suggested you and then try to reply me back. Hope the suggestion which I have provided you will help you out.

I think the problem with you seems to be related with the graphics of your computer. So in order to overcome this problem I will recommend you to reinstall the graphic card in your machine. If doing that does not solve the problem, then you will have to reinstall the driver for the graphic card. If even this does not solved the problem, then definitely there might be some problem with the mouse.

I have a nice solution for this problem. Try to go through the following steps. First you will have to go to ATI Catalyst Control Center and there you will have to select the section known as Desktop Properties from the drop down list. After going there you will have to change the rotation of the screen to whatever you like. After doing this you mouse will be reduced to the normal size. You will not face any such problem related with the mouse. Even I have tried the same solution on my computer when I was experiencing the same problem. It really helps in solving the problem. So try it out and see what outcome you get.

Even I am facing the same problem with my laptop. I have tried the solution of turning off the magnifier. I have also tried to reinstall the graphic card driver. Even have tried to change the setting of the mouse by going to the control panel, but even after going through this solution I am still facing the same problem. Even the solution given by 5parts is not making any difference to my problem. So I will request you to suggest me some different solution. I will also like to thank you all for you help.