Thread: Sprint's upgrade plan needs to be changed

Sprint's upgrade plan needs to be changed

I am currently having a Blackberry phone and I want to upgrade to iPhone 4s 64GB for which they are asking me to pay $800. Almost the amount of an iPad. Existing customers who have just upgraded prior to the release of the iPhone are unfairly penalized. I don’t understand if sprint has anything for its customers or not and me being a Sprint Premier customer they are not ready for any kind of compromise at all. I would have changed to a different carrier but I am forced to stick now with the sprint because of the Unlimited Data plan that I am subscribed to. However that will get over in a month or two. Lets see if sprint is about to make some changes or not on their existing upgrade plan and in case if they are not making it then I will be surely shifting to att for sure.

angry Re: Sprint's upgrade plan needs to be changed

I have been their premium customer since 1997. On 2011 I got an option of upgrade and hence I sold my evo 4G and got a evo 3D. I am very much happy with the upgrade that I have got and now I want to upgrade to something new. So on checking that I found out that I am not eligible at all for the upgrade. So I will have to wait till June 2013. So that I would be able to upgrade it. So sitting with the same device till 2 years is certainly a bad option and hence that leads me to shift my attention towards a different carrier that will offer me a different phone. If I change the carrier then they will penalize me but that’s ok. If I s switch to the new carrier then I will be getting a new phone and at the same time a new service so all that counts for me totally.

Re: Sprint's upgrade plan needs to be changed

Dude I don’t think so sprint people will charge you something extra for the iPhone 4S. The 800$ price that you have said here is about the iPhone 4S 64GB. If you take something from the 16GB or the 32GB then the price will be low. Prices are set by apple and they cannot be changed by the service providers at all. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that’s clear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Patralika View Post
    I am currently having a Blackberry phone and I want to upgrade to iPhone 4s 64GB for which they are asking me to pay $800. Almost the amount of an iPad. Existing customers who have just upgraded prior to the release of the iPhone are unfairly penalized. I don’t understand if sprint has anything for its customers or not and me being a Sprint Premier customer they are not ready for any kind of compromise at all. I would have changed to a different carrier but I am forced to stick now with the sprint because of the Unlimited Data plan that I am subscribed to. However that will get over in a month or two. Lets see if sprint is about to make some changes or not on their existing upgrade plan and in case if they are not making it then I will be surely shifting to att for sure.
    Well that’s the mistake from your side. During the upgrade time sprint must have offered you some other phones(not only and also the contract period must have highlighted to you. Since you are going against their policies that means you are subjected to penalization.

Dude according to the new policy you can pay the ETF that is left and switch to the new carriers. Otherwise you will have to wait till March 2012. So the choice is yours what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ROcHANn View Post
    Dude I don’t think so sprint people will charge you something extra for the iPhone 4S. The 800$ price that you have said here is about the iPhone 4S 64GB. If you take something from the 16GB or the 32GB then the price will be low. Prices are set by apple and they cannot be changed by the service providers at all. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that’s clear for you.
    Dude I can get a iPhone much cheaper to the one that they have mentioned there, so what I want to say is that if you look at the at&t then they are providing at much lower rate that’s what I am saying here. so why does sprint provide at such a price?

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    I have been their premium customer since 1997. On 2011 I got an option of upgrade and hence I sold my evo 4G and got a evo 3D. I am very much happy with the upgrade that I have got and now I want to upgrade to something new. So on checking that I found out that I am not eligible at all for the upgrade. So I will have to wait till June 2013. So that I would be able to upgrade it. So sitting with the same device till 2 years is certainly a bad option and hence that leads me to shift my attention towards a different carrier that will offer me a different phone. If I change the carrier then they will penalize me but that’s ok. If I s switch to the new carrier then I will be getting a new phone and at the same time a new service so all that counts for me totally.
    Sprint has its own plans and also has the ability to compete with the top carriers as well. it is a good carrier yes there are some difference in their upgrade plans but yes no carrier would afford to give an upgrade every year. So all the carriers have their own limitations and we have to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBaal View Post
    Sprint has its own plans and also has the ability to compete with the top carriers as well. it is a good carrier yes there are some difference in their upgrade plans but yes no carrier would afford to give an upgrade every year. So all the carriers have their own limitations and we have to abide by it.
    So are you in the support of sprint or not. Since your comment is something that is really not understandable. Please do pardon my language over here.