Thread: dell inspiron laptop charger problem

dell inspiron laptop charger problem

my Dell Inspiron 6400 charger will only charge the laptop when it is on standby and wen i m using it...its charging icon is flickering..n it wont charge....its only charign wen on standby or off....wat do i do....its only been weeks over a year since i but this...

Re: dell inspiron laptop charger problem

"may b" problem in battery/adapter/OS/system
    discharge ur battery up to 10%
    note number of "illuminating lights" on back of battery by pressing a button which is on battery itself(u will find 1 light)
    then wait up to 2 HRs then again check lights(if it's showing 5, then it's fully charged)
    (if 1 then it's not charging)

all 5 lights are on alwaz...evn if it s fully chrged or 90%charged....when the laptop if fuly chrged the battery icon in the taskbar dusnt change..but if it s less thn 100, the icon flickrs bw battery icon and the charging icon...is thr smthng wrong with the charger??coz i think my betterys fine...

hplaptop1980 Guest

Hi
    This i have found is most common with dells and dell chargers and more so with cheap copies. It mainly down the chargers failing to produce enough power. For example a dell pa-10 charger has an output rating of 19.5V and 4.62A but alot of the copies do not produce this correct power rating leading to different problems from start up issues to battery charging and brightness issues. Even dell chargers that are supplied with dell laptops i have seen to do this. Basically they are not outputting the correct amp. So often they will only power on you dell laptop or if turned off just charge the battery as the charger can not output enough charge to be able to do both so it doesn't. I would recomend buying a new original genuine charger.

Hope this helps