Thread: Black screen after wake up in Dell Inspiron 1526

Black screen after wake up in Dell Inspiron 1526

I am using dell Inspiron 1526 laptop for doing my entire official works. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop. I am using this laptop from 6 months and have never faced any problem with it. But unfortunately now I am facing some problem with it. Today I had put my laptop to sleep mode and have closed the lid and after when I lifted the lid of my laptop, then the computer wake up but I was not able to see the display. So at that time i restarted the laptop and after the restart the laptop was on, but I was only able to see black screen. Now I am looking to solve this problem, so I require your help on this problem. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem, or has some solution related with this problem? Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Black screen after wake up in Dell Inspiron 1526

I will like to suggest you some solution using which you can solve your problem. First you need to turn of the laptop, after that remove the battery from the laptop. Once you have removed the battery, now try to press and hold the power hey on the laptop for approximately 5 sec. After that release the key and now gain put the battery in the laptop and starts the laptop. Let it start normally, and I hope that after trying this solution you will be able to solve your problem. So try it out.

I will like to ask you one thing that have you tried to connect another monitor to your laptop buy pressing the Fn and F8 for swapping the display? If not then try it out on your laptop. This is because few months before I was also experiencing the same problem with my laptop. So I had also tried the same solution and I founded that the problem in my case was with the display and my system was working fine without any problem. So after finding the problem I changed my display and was able to solve the problem. So I will also recommend you to try the same solution, so that you can find out the cause of the problem.

The same problem even I am facing with my laptop. I am facing this problem after installing the vista operating system on my laptop. After starting the laptop I am only bale to see the black screen on my laptop instead of the login screen. I have tried to start the machine sever time, but still getting the same problem with my laptop. I have tried the solution of removing the battery and holding the power button for 5 sec. But even after trying this solution I am still getting the same problem. Due to this problem, my lot of works are kept pending. So any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your solution of removing the battery and holding the power button for 5 sec. When I again started my laptop after reinserting the battery, then this time my problem was being solved out. Now my laptop starts properly. Without you support I would have not been able to solve my problem, so for this kind support I will once again like to thank you.