Thread: Disabling touchpad on Dell Latitude D620

Disabling touchpad on Dell Latitude D620

Well I am having laptop of Dell Latitude D620 with windows vista home premium operating system installed on it. I am having an antivirus called as Norton so that it can protect me from malware, adware while browsing across the internet. I wanted to know if I can disable the touchpad of my laptop. If yes then I need the steps to disable the touchpad.

Re: Disabling touchpad on Dell Latitude D620

You can disable the touchpad on Dell Latitude D620 very easily. You need to follow the below given steps to disable it.
    1. Go to start and select control panel.
    2. In the control panel window select mouse. You need to select the properties of mouse.
    3. In the property window, select “Device Select" tab. Now you need to select the disable option next to the touchpad.
    4. After selecting the disable option, click on ok button to save the changes. Your touchpad will be disabled

You can disable the touchpad of the laptop by making use of device manager. You need to go to start and select run window. In the run window type “devmgmt.msc” and press the enter key. Expand the services and search for “Mouse and other Pointing devices”. After finding the Mouse and other Pointing devices right click touchpad and select disable. Close the device manager and the touchpad has been disabled.

Thanks for giving me the solution. From the above solution it was possible for me to disable the touchpad but it is very pathetic work to go and manually disable the touchpad. I need a solution in which list of software that can be used to disable the touchpad automatically is given which can be used whenever needed.

In order to disable the touchpad of the laptop you can make use of TouchFreeze software. It is a freeware utility available that can disable the touchpad temporarily. The touchpad is disabled when the moment a keystroke is pressed. It disables the touchpad automatically when the typing is going on and enables the touchpad when the typing is completed.

You can also make use of TouchPad Pal which is free source software available that can disable the touchpad when you are starting to type. TouchPad Pal software is very easy to install and there is no need to configure it. After installing TouchPad Pal it is running into the system tray. If you want to disable the touchpad permanently then you can disable it from the BIOS. Go into the devices settings of the BIOS, select disable near touchpad and save it. The touchpad will be disabled.