Thread: Screen brightness problem in Dell e1505 (6400)

Screen brightness problem in Dell e1505 (6400)

I don’t know the reason behind but the brightness for my screen is not as bright as it was when I bought it new. I have not changed any settings for the brightness of it. It happens automatically. I have set the brightness to 100 percent but then also it is looking dull. I mostly use the computer to watch movies and this low brightness reduces the joy for the movie. Please help me to increase the brightness of my laptop.

Re: Screen brightness problem in Dell e1505 (6400)

I was also having the similar problem earlier. I tried many things to fix that but all that were not helpful for me. Finally the problem came out in the settings for BIOS. To fix this problem, you have to enter to the BIOS settings. While booting the computer when you see the Dell splash screen then press the F2 button and this will open the BIOS settings. Search for the video setting and there you have to set the brightness according to your need for AC power and battery power. This helped me to solve the issue. I hope same for you.

Have you updated the display driver? I am asking this to you because it may be the problem with the display driver that is installed in your computer. If that is not working properly then it may show you issue like this. To fix this, just go to the manufacturer’s site and search for the latest display driver available. Download that and install that to your computer. This may solve the problem for you.

It may be the problem with the power supplier. Sometimes if your power supplier supplies less power as it is expected by the display then also you may get dim screen. If you want to check whether it is the same problem with you or not then you can try to connect any external monitor to your laptop and check whether the same problem occurs there also. If it shows the same there then you can change the PSU with a new one and your problem will be resolved.