Thread: How to install Toshiba M45-S331's hard drive on Dell D620

How to install Toshiba M45-S331's hard drive on Dell D620

Hello guys I am having a Toshiba M45-S331 laptop and using it from last few years and it has served me the best. Now the thing here is that my brother has also got a laptop with it which is of Dell D620 but with a low hard drive memory. And I have also decided to upgrade my hard disk so what i have thought that is installing my hard disk on my brother's laptop that is installing the Toshiba's hard drive on the Dell D620. Is it possible for me to do? Does anyone ever has tried interchanging the hard drives of two different laptops if yes then please let me how to do it

Re: How to install Toshiba M45-S331's hard drive on Dell D620

I think you have to search for the same on Google comparing specifications of both the laptops. I mean to say that if the hard drive ports are not matching in both the laptops the definitely you are not able to connect it. First check whether the ports are similar or not and if they are then you can easily install the hard drive of Toshiba over dell. I haven’t Try anything similar to this but at least know this thing that you can interchange the hard disk only if the ports are matching. So if you really want to interchange the hard drive then just checkout these thing and take actions according to it.

Now a days the latest laptops have the tendency of using the same port definition to connect any particular hard drive. So I don’t think you may get any problem while connecting the hard disk. But keep one thing in mind that during this procedure you may lost data from both the side so do the installation carefully and before installing don’t forget to take backup of the data which is important for you.

Well according to me you have to check which hard drive you are using , because in the dell the SATA drive is only supported and that too can be a protected on with a password. So before taking any step make sure that you have all the important information regarding the hard drive that you going to use, because if the dive is not SATA then you can’t connect the same on DELL. I am sure that this information will help you to solve the issue.

I don’t think so that it is a right deed to connect a hard drive of one system to another. It may also harm the hard drive and also the system settings. So what you have to do here is that before doing anything foolish just contact the nearest service provider either of Dell or Toshiba and let them know the exact problem faced by you. I think they will definitely find a way for you.