Thread: How to use the MacBook Pro?

How to use the MacBook Pro?

I have the Mac Book Pro with me and the thing is that I am using this for the very first time. By saying that I am using for the first time is that I was a Windows user and this time I have switched to the Mac OS X. Now the thing is that I have got this laptop and want to have a quick start with it. Can anyone here can help me in getting started with this Mac OS X. I really find it somewhat difficult at the moment and any help in this matter will be really appreciated. I have the MacBook Pro 13 inch laptop. I will be happy if you all can start with partitioning the Hard Disk here. Should I have two partitions or should I make three partitions and that also how can I accomplish this? Please let me know about the same soon.

Re: How to use the MacBook Pro?

I do not think that it is the basic step of starting with the Mac OS X. I think that it is the far far step that you are trying for and hence would suggest you to try for some really nice things instead. I think that creating the partitions and formatting the Drives will come when you will have some trouble with the functioning of the Laptop and hence would like to make the steps somewhat clearer. You should really go with something really easy. Try to understand the interface of the Mac OS.

Well for the Windows users it is really hard for them to adjust themselves with the new environment. It really becomes far far different when the version of the Windows changes. When one switches from the Windows XP to the Windows Vista it takes time to understand the interface there and hence I would suggest you to first try to understand the user interface there and then see for something tough and challenging. I do not think that you will be required to make the partitions here on this until and unless you get caught with some issues here.

You have asked for the steps to make the partitions in this laptop then just follow the steps below and you will have the partitions here on your MacBook Pro:
    • First of all insert the Mac OS X Install disc and then reboot the system
    • After you hear the startup tone, press the C key and see if the progress indicator becomes visible
    • Once you see the Installer then select Utilities and under that select Disk Utility.
    • From the list you will be required to select the disk
    • After that you will be required to click on the Partition.
    • Then after that you can select the manner in which you want to have the partition of the disk
    • After all this getting completed just quit the Disk Utility.
    • Now this time when the installer opens you can install Mac OS X in any one of the partitions.

You just want to have the partition on the MacBook Pro then let me tell you that you can have that I your case done easily if you have the Mac OS X 10.5.0. I have seen that there is a function called Create Partition that is inbuilt here in this MacBook and hence would suggest you to make the choice of that there. If you want you can find that here in this location: //Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility. hope that you will find this function there and will be able to have that in your case.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion that you all have given here. I needed to have the partition so that I can have the drives in such a manner so that I can have all the things that are needed by the system and on the other partition I can have all the things that are stored and are used by me and hence I think that it would be the basic step to start with. That was the real think that I was thinking and I am happy that I have received that here and I will really try to have all the applications that can run on the Apple Mac OS X. Can you all please can come up here with some useful suggestions on the applications that can be used by a beginner here in this case. Well try to suggest me something that is really very basic at the start.