Thread: Microsoft VBscript Runtime Error Message in windows XP

Microsoft VBscript Runtime Error Message in windows XP

I own DELL Inspiron E1505 running on Windows XP. My problem is when I opened the Facebook on Google Chrome browser and began playing "farmville." I got the following Error Message:
    Just in time Bugging. [An Exception "Runtime error" has occurred in Script]
    and below this message there is a box saying "Possible Debuggers" "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor."
    When I click on "Debug" button I get a message says: "Microsoft VBscript runtime error: Object required WScript”. What is causing this error and how to resolve it? I don’t have whether it is the issue of to Facebook and "Farmville" or Google chrome or Windows XP itself.

Re: Microsoft VBscript Runtime Error Message in windows XP

I think that you are getting this runtime error due to the enable option of script debugging. You need to somewhat disable this option by going into Chrome preferences or Internet Explorer if it is default web browser in your computer. Can you notice what is causing this issue? Whether from Windows XP or Google Chrome? Reset the Chrome to its default settings and see whether the issue is continuing or not.

I think the Google chrome which you are currently using is the older version. Get a newer version and see. Can you see download plugins option below the URL bar of the Chrome when you first launch the browser? If it showing then it means you need to download those in order to use several online application like Farmville. The Google chrome not itself automatically downloads plugins to it. You need to manually select required one. Did you play the Farmville in other browser like Mozilla Firefox, opera, IE or safari?

It seems to me that the chrome is not enough capable of telling what to do Windows in the Internet Settings. Working around in IE control panel may resolve the solution. Because the Windows refers the IE settings for script debugging. I hope that the Chrome will also have the same settings in its control panel. There is also may be a chance that the site doesn't support Google Chrome interactively. For that Install the IE Tab extension and use that to access the Farmville

I think that the shockwave in Google chrome is causing the crash on Farmville over Facebook. Due to unresponsive behavior of the shockwave you are getting runtime error message. Try to install the adobe shockwave through Chrome. If you cannot install through it then install it manually on your computer. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of java on your computer. You can freely download the java from the official website.