Thread: Media buttons and function(Fn) key is not working properly in Toshiba a665 s6050

Media buttons and function(Fn) key is not working properly in Toshiba a665 s6050

Hi guys first of all go through the system configuration of my laptop:
    Laptop- Toshiba A665 S6050
    • Operating system-Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Processor- Intel core i3 M350
    • RAM- 4 GB
    • Hard drive-500GB.

Now lets come to the actual problem, i am using this laptop from last few months and now it has started giving me problems. the thing here is that i am not able to use the media buttons that are provided on my laptop. The media keys like eco, wireless, led illumination, play/pause are not functioning properly. And also the Fn key is not working. I don't know what is wrong with it please help me to get it solved.

Re: Media buttons and function(Fn) key is not working properly in Toshiba a665 s6050

Well you are getting this issue due to the keypad of the laptop it may have happen that the keypad on the laptop must have got corrupted and due to that your keys are not function properly. Does your laptop is ever came through water on it. I mean to say that have you ever fall some water on the keyboard then it must have damaged it. So what you have to do in this case check out with the keyboard whether anything is wrong and if you found so then replace the same.

Re: Media buttons and function(Fn) key is not working properly in Toshiba a665 s6050

I think I can help you in this case what you have to do is just try and remove the battery from the laptop after shutting it down properly also remove the AC adapter. So keep the laptop in the same state for more than half an hour. Now when you will start the system you have to just press F9 that will take you to the BIOS then reset the BIOS settings and keep it to default. And then press F12 and exit. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that to solve the issue you have to fire a complaint in front of the Toshiba customer support and let them know the pro9blem that is faced by you. I hope that they will cooperate with you and also help you to get the fix the problem and also will take care that the problem does not arises again.

If you are facing this problem then you can solve this easily by just changing the buttons. I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back and was not able to get them work. So I replaced the buttons itself and now they are doing well. So what you have to do in this case is that just remove the keys and then install the identical one with same functionalities. Keep one thing in mind that if you are not aware of doing this stuff then don’t hesitate to take help from the experienced one and the person who is well versed with all this things