Thread: Sonix built-in Webcam is not working in Windows 7

Sonix built-in Webcam is not working in Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 in my Laptop everything is working well except my Sonix webcam which is already integrated in my laptop. It was working well in Window XP. I haven’t installed drivers in any of the Operating system. But I have heard that Windows 7 is higher version it doesn’t need driver to run the hardware. So please help me and give me the idea that I need to install the driver in for it to work.

Re: Sonix built-in Webcam is not working in Windows 7

As you have said that you have not installed the driver in the Window XP, but it was working well I am shocked! I will advise you to install driver manually from the CD provided by the Sonix developer. And after installing you should restart the laptop, and if then also it is not working then try to update your driver with the latest update that is compatible with the Windows 7 provided on the manufacturer site. After this reply me the result whether it works or not. Hope that it will shoot your trouble.

I have to say you all that I am also facing the similar problem. I have installed my driver also in Windows 7. It failed to work with the Windows 7. If you find any of the drivers for this issue and it is not working then this will be one of the bad things that happened in your life. I haven’t found any driver that is compatible with the Windows 7 for my Webcam. Now I am quite confuse that whether I should go back to the Window XP. But after working with Windows 7 I am feeling bad to go back. Please if you have any idea that could help us then posts it. We will be thankful to you all.

As far as my view it is the topic with all MSI Wind U100 Notebook generally. MSI is sensitive, but not doing anything because the drivers do work on window XP operating systems. It is an issue which arises only when the Windows 7 is installed on Notebook. The drivers are available in the system but they are not compatible with the Windows 7 that is why that is not working. So try to find the driver which is compatible with windows 7, for this issue you should take help of Sonix webcam manufacturer.