Thread: Windows XP and Ubuntu on my PC Compaq CQ60 Presasrio

Windows XP and Ubuntu on my PC Compaq CQ60 Presasrio

I ask for help In fact, I installed XP on my Compaq Presario CQ60, and then I installed Ubuntu on another partition. When I start ubuntu, no problem but when I boot XP, it gives me the following message manque <system32/hal.dll file> is missing I tried everything without success. Thank you all for helping me to raise issue. Please if you have solution for this then post it as soon as it is possible.

Re: Windows XP and Ubuntu on my PC Compaq CQ60 Presasrio

You can download the missing dll files from the dllfiles.com. In fact, what is the exact model (with references) to your PC? Compaq is a trademark infamous tattoo for PCs. Tattooing is a way to prevent the installation of multiple operating systems by tying the hard drive, BIOS, ... du PC. PC. Basically, if you installed a dual boot with Linux for example, he's going to erase the tattoo the hard drive and therefore, it is possible that the computer does not start simply. But considering your case, it should not be a problem of this type because Ubuntu starts.

Regarding this I have also tried many solutions and one of them was I have downloaded the hal.dll file and after this I have extracted this file and then place this file in to the / system32 / folder. And then try to see this but unfortunately I did not succeed in this. I am still getting the same message. So if anybody has any other way to fix this then please I request you to share it.

They state that it must copy the files in Safe Mode. Try to start Windows in safe mode: tap F8 when the screen display and Compaq do get in safe mode with networking support. Be careful if you see the OS installed, i.e. the Grub menu, it's too late, you must restart the machine. Otherwise, try to see this page: www1.hp.com. After I see it.

smile Re: Windows XP and Ubuntu on my PC Compaq CQ60 Presasrio

reinstall xp.....install easybcd..boot loader...search for add boot entry. find your linux partition...give it a name..Ubuntu or something like that..click on add entry save settings..reboot..you should find two options in boot menu....ubuntu and xp...no probs from here on easybcd is very reliable