Thread: setting up my ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

setting up my ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

Hello,Received ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router today. Attempt to set it up. I encompass a Windows 7 x86 Ultimate. I just Plugged in the router on the way to the power supply and also plugged in the WAN cable into its WAN slot as well as connected it to my laptop by means of a Category 5 cable.
    The ASUS box contains a CD to facilitate enclosed EZSetup Utilities, as a result I installed that. Afterwards, I as well go on the way to ASUS's website as well as downloaded the most recent version of the utility, on the way to rule out whichever errors caused via Windows 7. anyhow, give an SSID name to the network, allocate a password to it, as well as in view of the fact that my ISP is each and every one automatic IP address as well as the whole thing, I did not fiddle by means of those settings. The link was unsecured initially; as a result I select WPA-2 encryption. However this trouble was as well present at what time there was no encryption as a result I believe we be able to rule that out. Did each and every one the necessary settings on 192.168.1.1 as well as the Windows 7 Wifi thing linked effectively (subsequent to entering the security key) however it showed the "No Internet Access" Message".As a result, what is going on here? How do I take away the "No Internet Access" message? Please assist!

Re: setting up my ASUS RT-G32 Wireless Router

You said that you have plugged in the WAN cable into its WAN slot.
    What did you plug into the wan port on the router?You talk regarding modem - is this a Cable modem?What are the create as well as model numbers of your router, plus modem.
    internet -- modem -- router – pc. This is how it should be connected.
    Where you be able to have troubles is if not actually a modem however a modem or router?If it’s a cable modem, restart it previous to you attach a different device - i.e. Computer vs router.As a result unplug your router as of from your modem, restart your modem - once it’s up as well as running.. All lights fine viewing internet, etc. after that plug in your router on the way to the modem from the routers wan port. After this on your router. Give it a minute or else 2 as well as it be supposed to boot up, grip a public IP from your ISP.At the moment your PC plug up into one of your routers LAN ports, be supposed to get an IP on the network of the router, I would take for granted 192.168.1.0/24 because you talk about.

Observe, all the cablings as well as wires are finished on the terrace of my building as well as in my room, presently one wire enters. That wire is at present inserted in a "POE" slot in a Carrier POE Adapter that my ISP provides me. at the same time as that wire is place in into the Adapter, a CAT-5 cable comes out of it as well as that I plug into my laptop furthermore surf the net. Works entirely. I have plugged this room-entering-POE cable into the WAN slot of my ASUS RT-G32 router and the light open and close the eye up correctly. After that, I bring in a separate Cat-5 cable as well as place it into 1 of the LAN slot of my Router as well as plugged the extra end of this CAT-5 cable into my laptop. Rest the whole thing I did presently as the manual said however I get this error.Anyhow, I call to my ISP's Customer Care correct now as well as they said that they bring into play MAC binding. Thanks for the help!

May possibly you guys give pleasure to complex on this? The thing is my ISP is charging me $2 a month additional for this as well as they are saying that adding up WiFi capability is an additional feature as well as that I will have on the way to give extra for it, but I was under the impression that this was covered in my monthly bill.

All you require en route for do is type 192.168.1.1 in a Internet browser, after that beneath settings as well as after that WAN link type should be an option. At the base of the same page is the skill on the way to clone a mac address. To decide the mac address of the PC that works, you require in the direction of click start, type cmd as well as run the application, after that type ipconfig /all, for the device that has an ip address, appear at it's mac address as well as place that in the suitable box on the router page, substitute dashes for colons.

I was as well having a trouble by means of the Asus Rt-G32 router. I have linked my dsl modem on the way to my router as well as accessed the web interface wirelessly by means of 192.168.1.1 . I could not figure out why the net was out-of-the-way. before I use to have a netgear router as well as that thing worked the second it was plug in. What you may have toward do, is alter the LAN IP. Click on LAN IP and modify the lan i.p address to 192.168.2.1 as well as after that recognize the changes. Make certain your WAN Connection kind is set to "Automatic IP". It should work at the moment. It was the lan ip address alter that did the trick for me. I Changed mac address as well as other settings, but not anything seemed on the way to work.